corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car not running right

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car not running right
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 10 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my c20xe corsa has a really weird problem when i pull up to a junction when i dip the clutch the revs drop and it nearly stalls but revs itself. Also the idle is a bit off but when i rev it quite high and let off the revs drop but they seem to stick around 2000 and then returns to normal idle :S ive cleaned the icv and fitted a new cts but no real vast improvement any ideas ?
gidged500
Premium Member

23rd Oct 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know?

[Edited on 24-10-2010 by gidged500]
gidged500
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump
ryanlockie

24th Oct 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a vac leak anywhere?
gidged500
Premium Member

24th Oct 10 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vac leak ?
davieslim

24th Oct 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically check all you pipes, arround you fuel pressure regulater evac valve etc, just check all your pipes for cracks and holes
gidged500
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kk ta wheres the fuel pressure regulator?
davieslim

26th Oct 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

left hand side of the throttle body with a tiny black plastic pipe going into it
alan-g-w

26th Oct 10 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem and a new lambda's helped but not fixed it.
gidged500
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a genuine vauxhall lambda or an after market one ?
alan-g-w

26th Oct 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time it was a second hand vaux one. Now I'm running a generic aftermarket one that I had to cut and join the plug onto.

I've got the same sort of problem as you. So far I've put a new lambda on it and a cleaned up ICV but I'm still getting slight misfires, sometimes it runs like a bag of shite. It's so annoying since when I do something to it it fixes it for about a day then it starts running a bit lumpy.
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mines the same i put a new cts on and it ran better for a day and that was it :S it went back to normal and its using loads of fuel aswell so i dont know what to do with it now
alan-g-w

27th Oct 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed it using less fuel since I cleaned up the ICV. But all you can smell is pure petrol when it's misfiring.

I get an EML when it happens but when I go to read the codes it doesn't come up with anything. Been doing my head in for ages now. I've even swapped the engine over and it still does it - I'm trying to eradicate everything that was swapped over between the two.
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine doesnt throw up the eml but smells of fuel most of the time :s i found this on mig web http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/452274-c20let-idle-issues.html
alan-g-w

27th Oct 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My idle sometimes drops and stalls, but mostly it sits just above the 1k mark. Had it idling at 2k earlier today. I'm not just wanting to change everything, can't work it out though.
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know and nobody seems to know what it is mine used to have a really bad missfire through the rev range wasnt always in the same place/revs but it nearly put my face through the windscreen so i adjusted the tps and afm and it cured the missfire but not the idle issues ?!?!
alan-g-w

27th Oct 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean by adjusting the TPS and AFM?
gidged500
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well when the car was running the tps wasnt clicking like it should so i adjusted it until it did and it fixed it well the missfire mid rev range
alan-g-w

28th Oct 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you go about that?

New Poll