corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B Interior Head unit, interior light, hazard switch - Power issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Interior Head unit, interior light, hazard switch - Power issue
-SDC-

User status: Offline
   29th Oct 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

My car started to do something very random today after I started to clean her up. After fitting new boast pipes today I relocated the last owners 'dodge fan switch'.

When I was positioning it I droped the negative cable on the bodywork and it sparked and turned the fan on.

Didn't think much of it, connected the fan switch back together and everything seemed on. Got back into the car and noticed the following thing where not working:

* Head unit
* Interior Light
* Interior centre clock/date unit
* When the Hazard switch is pressed, the indicators light comes up solid on the dash but no indicators come on around the car.

However, all the following work:

* Electric Windows and Mirrors
* Main clocks (and light up)
* Fans
* all Stawk functions (indicators, windscreen wipers, ect)
* All outside lights (and light up)

Thoughts please. And I did take the light console out of the right to fit my fan switch (but that works fine).

If this sounds like a fuse please tell me which one it might be save me taking them all out.
Generation

29th Oct 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuse 1
-SDC-

31st Oct 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, found this out but had some random short over the front lighting loom that caused it to go. Problem when your running two wiring looms in one car. Last time I start plugging stuff back in thats left unpluged on this conversion!

New Poll