corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fuel vapour??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuel vapour??
pippin

User status: Offline
16th Dec 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right this problem has been hapening awhile now ,when idling my car reaks of unburnt fuel and emits white smoke even when hot ,the corsa is x16xe with powerbox inlet ,4branch decat etc ,now the lambda isnt old,and iv replaced the coolant temp sensor ,map,and iv even done the head gasket and got the head rebuilt ,plus its had a good service ,does my car need a remap cause of the inlet being fitted?? or have i maby fitted somthing wrong in doing the inlet? just its only done this since doing these mods,and the smoke and the fuel use is doing my head in ,any help is much appreciated.
AlexW

16th Dec 10 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the spark plugs, are they black and sooty?
pippin

16th Dec 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate just had a look there black and sooty ,whats your verdict ?
AshWatson

16th Dec 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally if there black and sooty and importantly dry ? id say its running too rich, maybe worth checking your air filter isnt dirty and blocked ? and that its getting a good clear flow of air to it assuming ur not on standard airbox ?
usually when a plug is black its from the engine running too rich, meaning not all of the fuel is combusting and burning in the cylinder therefore ur getting a petrol smell from ur exhaust
AshWatson

16th Dec 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe ask somewhere about running different spark plugs ? perhaps the next 1's up in the heat range so they plugs burn hotter and burn off fuel more effiecently, not saying these ARE your problems just trying to help n all
pippin

16th Dec 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

filter is fine not old and im running standard airbox,yea ano what your saying mate il look into it thanks for your help
AshWatson

17th Dec 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem mate just another thought...maybe bcos your running a 4 branch and de-cat obviously this helps to get rid of the engines gases quicker allowing the engine to get more in more out faster etc, and ur running a powerbox inlet which is there to suck more air smoother and flow better to the engine getting air in quicker, exhaust getting it out quicker, maybe a standard airbox is too restrictive for ur setup ? even if modded/ de-restricted, just a thought anyways mate lol
beef27

19th Dec 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this too with the same mods.do u have egr and sai blanked?

New Poll