corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Getting out of a contract?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting out of a contract?
harrisp

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a contract with three for about 7 months now and was just wondering if I could get out of the contract as there are companies offering better deals for the money and better phones and three signal is crap at a lot of places I work?
Any chance or have I got to wait till its done?
Dom

23rd Dec 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy your way out is the easiest option. You might be able to get out of it on the basis of signal strength, but you might not have any grounds to do that as it's is a personal contract rather than business and they usually give you leeway at the start of the contract to dump the contract if there are coverage issues.
harrisp

23rd Dec 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Buy your way out is the easiest option. You might be able to get out of it on the basis of signal strength, but you might not have any grounds to do that as it's is a personal contract rather than business and they usually give you leeway at the start of the contract to dump the contract if there are coverage issues.

Think I best give them a ring really, will do it once xmas is out the way
I dont think I will get out on signal strength as like you say its a personal phone and it isnt too bad just enough to irritate me at times.
Any Idea on buyout costs?
Dom

23rd Dec 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Think I best give them a ring really, will do it once xmas is out the way
I dont think I will get out on signal strength as like you say its a personal phone and it isnt too bad just enough to irritate me at times.
Any Idea on buyout costs?

remaining contract length (give or take) usually
harrisp

23rd Dec 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm only about 11 months then, Ill pass
Robbo

23rd Dec 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. Simple as, why shoudl you get ouit of a legally binding contract that you entered into of your own wilful admission?
harrisp

23rd Dec 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
No. Simple as, why shoudl you get ouit of a legally binding contract that you entered into of your own wilful admission?

Which is exactly why I was asking.
Tommy

23rd Dec 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could try n say that you cant afford the contract u r on and get them to lower it to a lesser tarrif, then couple of months down the line say u wanna buy it out, thats what i would do n most prob the cheapest way.
Dom

23rd Dec 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually you can lower the tarrif after so many months (will state on your contract) anyways
A2H GO

23rd Dec 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lower tariff to minimum, sell phone use money to pay off remaining term. Perhaps won't get enough though and will have put some in yourself.

This is why I only do 12 months contacts. Went on 12 months x £20 for my iPhone 4 and already over half way through.
Dom

23rd Dec 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Both parties have to keep up their end of the contract, so there are legitimate reasons for a customer to get out of a contract ie: network fails to provide adequate service

edit - A2H GO has probably the best soluton if you really want to get out of it.

[Edited on 23-12-2010 by Dom]
sc0ott

23rd Dec 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way they are going to see it is you have more than likely joined 3 because why? They were cheaper at 'the time' and 3 has always had a reputation for shit reception so i dont think thats going to get you out and im pretty sure there have been more than 1 person trying to get out of a contract using this reason.
Jambo

23rd Dec 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As stated Dom they give that at the beggining of the contract which IIRC is a must from Offcom. Network outages etc are covered in the contract he would have signed.

If you couldnt get signal anywhere you may have a case, but knowing 3 even if you are out of contract and want to leave its knigh on impossible
Pop

23rd Dec 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Lower tariff to minimum, sell phone use money to pay off remaining term. Perhaps won't get enough though and will have put some in yourself.

This is why I only do 12 months contacts. Went on 12 months x £20 for my iPhone 4 and already over half way through.

Out of interest is that with Tesco?
sc0ott

23rd Dec 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only tesco who do 12 months on the iphone isnt it?
Pop

23rd Dec 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Tesco do 12 months iphone contracts at the moment. Do they use the O2 network?
A2H GO

23rd Dec 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Out of interest is that with Tesco?

Yep.
sc0ott

24th Dec 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
I know Tesco do 12 months iphone contracts at the moment. Do they use the O2 network?

Im sure they do.

New Poll