corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wall mount for non-LED TV?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wall mount for non-LED TV?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
7th Jan 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of one of these types of mount for the TV, however on most sites it states they are for LED TV's only however on eBay this one is listed as being specifically for the 40C580 and looks no different:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250735235471

Do you think the design of the mounting points on the LED TV's will be any different in order to accomidate this type of stand? As its only held by the top two holes is it likely they are strenthened on the LED's?
Nismo

7th Jan 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say there for LED's as there lighter, nothing to do with mounting points as there all VESA mount
A2H GO

7th Jan 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
i would say there for LED's as there lighter, nothing to do with mounting points as there all VESA mount

The various different types quote a Max weight of 50kg's, the TV weights 17kg's, however I would imagine the LED's are still much lighter.
stubs

7th Jan 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't help but not trust these sort of mounts... I'd much rather have a tradional wall mount with a locking bar to stop it being "knocked" off.
A2H GO

7th Jan 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
I can't help but not trust these sort of mounts... I'd much rather have a tradional wall mount with a locking bar to stop it being "knocked" off.

Thats true. I suppose the reason i'd like to use this one is that compared to a conventional bracket, the distance from the wall is the difference between a normal TV and an LED one.
stubs

7th Jan 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it really matter that much though? Compared to CRT TV's which 5 years ago were very common place, they take up MUCH less room....
A2H GO

7th Jan 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Does it really matter that much though? Compared to CRT TV's which 5 years ago were very common place, they take up MUCH less room....

I supose not but it really used to annoy me how much my old LCD used to stick out. Thinking about it, most conventional brackets only really rely on a 'hook' on the top lip of the backing plate to mount so its not a great deal different.
stubs

7th Jan 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

I supose not but it really used to annoy me how much my old LCD used to stick out. Thinking about it, most conventional brackets only really rely on a 'hook' on the top lip of the backing plate to mount so its not a great deal different.

Yes but some also have a hook at the bottom that allows a locking bar to slide in and prevent the tv from moving away from the wall or up & down
ash_corsa

7th Jan 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most bracket depths are irrelevant anyway due to the way the plugs stick out the back of the TV.

New Poll