corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Mk4 Astra 2.2 16v lumpy idle/possible missfire...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mk4 Astra 2.2 16v lumpy idle/possible missfire...
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
26th Jan 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mk4 Astra Sri 2.2 16v has a lumpy idle when slightly warmed up.It ticks over at just over 600rpm but can feel it through the seat,and when the lights are on,can see them flickering.When driving it at lower revs,you can also feel it very faintly after starting the car from cold,but when its fully warmed up,its fine when driving,just not on idle.Dosnt cut out either.

Now ive done a search on google which came back with EGR and CTS being the main suspects.Now,my brother has a perfect running 2.2 so tried his EGR,but was still the same.I also tried his CTS,but again,still the same.I then snapped the CTS in the housing so had to go get a new 1 anyway,but still the same so can deffo rule that out.

What would be the next thing to try??As said i have access to a perfect running 2.2 so can try other things(within reason) to rule them out and try find the problem.

Its not annoying me and dosnt affect the over-all drive of the car,but i would still like to get to the bottom of it.

Pedal test dosnt work either.EML light isnt on,but does work

Also when i start it from cold,the revs sit up at 1200rpm(normal when cold)but it sounded like it had a missfire possibly.Heard it through the exhaust slightly

Today ive tried the coilpack and inlet temp sensor thing in the intake pipe but still no different.Plugs look fine also.

New Poll