corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa wont warm up :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa wont warm up :(
Bobber123

User status: Offline
7th Feb 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried a spare thermostat I had lying around and if anything its got worse since I put it in.
The temp will go up when I'm stood still but as soon as I start driving the temp drops right back down to about 80 - 85
Its rather annoying as it takes forever for the heaters to warm up.
Is there anything I could try to sort it?
ed

7th Feb 11 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly sounds like a thermostat problem. Is the new one actually new, or was it lying around for a reason? (i.e. it's broke).
corsamon

7th Feb 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye i would say fubared thermostat. there not much get a new one and go from there.

Bobber123

7th Feb 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, more than likley the stat. I have that many spares lying around I wouldn't know if it was dead or not. Anyone know how much an origional would cost as I got one from motorfactors for my last car and it died within 10 months
AlexW

7th Feb 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Test yours, Get the kettle going, put the water into something and then drop in the thermostat, if it opens, its fine.
Bobber123

7th Feb 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem is its opening too early if its not getting hot, I might aswel give it a try though. It must be sticking open. It was closed when I put it in though
corsamon

7th Feb 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they break they break safe aka open. So your car doesent boil its tits off. so if it is fubared then it wont do anything.

New Poll