corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Windows
ed

User status: Offline
18th Feb 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got some Corsa B doors that need all the electric window hardware taking out of them. I've no car to wire them into and I assume that I need to be able to wind the windows up and down to get it all out? Is this right or is there a way of getting them out while the window is fully up?

[Edited on 18-02-2011 by ed]
pow
Premium Member

18th Feb 11 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did this with a pair of 106 door ed, Used my car battery, a long length of wire with a 20amp fuse on the +ve side.

I don't know if corsas are the same but the 106 ha da two pin plug on the motor. +12 and -12v one way = window up, the other way = window down.

Worked a treat for me
AlexW

18th Feb 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Preety sure you can do it without having to move the window, just drill the rivets and then slide the motor out of the slots in the bottom of the window.
ed

21st Feb 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great, I'll try getting them out without power first. If that doesn't work, I'll power them up using a bench power supply and some bits of wire. I sold all the switches with the door cards though

New Poll