corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wheel allignment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel allignment
deneven

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i've lowered my car on coilovers. And this has opened a whole load of shit and worries.

So, I had a mess on with the camber, and got it all nice and straight, but the both wheels were toe'ing out. I then tried alligning by eye, just to get to a wheel allignment place.

Turns out there isn't enough track rod to compensate the toeing out, not even enough to drive it around. The only way i can get it drivable is by having the steering wheel slightly turning right, and adjust the camber just to keep the wheels straight.

Any ideas as i cant compensate via camber as the steering goes all to pot.
Bissmire

23rd Feb 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the coilovers camber adjustable? Normally an elongated whole on the strut, where it bolts to the hub.
ZIGGYDAN

23rd Feb 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem on mine but i managed to adjust them enough to get the wheels straight without the tie-rods coming out, have ya got the camber set the same on both sides?? what coilovers are they?
deneven

24th Feb 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea they do have camber holes. They are FK's.

How did you solve it? The only possible way i can get my wheels straight is having the bolt all the way to negative camber (Towards the chassis).

New Poll