corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Android contacts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Android contacts
antnee

User status: Offline
24th Mar 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a way of saving existing contacts that are on the phone to my googlemail account without manually re entering them?

Also how do you get it to 'forget' old numbers? It seems to want to keep peoples old numbers despite me deleting them! (say if 'ben' gets a new number, save it on existing contact, yet it keeps the old number too)

Its a HTC Desire btw
Tom G

24th Mar 11 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just remove the number no problem? Not sure exactly how i done it but it wasnt hard
pow
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Export your contacts to a VCF file then import them using a PC into google, I had to do this recently.
moka

24th Mar 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Is there a way of saving existing contacts that are on the phone to my googlemail account without manually re entering them?

As far as im aware, if you sync contacts (in settings) it will sync all to your googlemail account... Then if you change phone or whatever you can login to your googlemail account and resync contacts, which will download all your contacts?

pow
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You first have to have them saved to the Google account in the firstplace
antnee

24th Mar 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another question while Im here, any sort of way of backing up everything else? Im getting a new handset next week through my insurance so want to have minimal fuss. Is it best to just write down the apps I have, settings, etc?
Dom

24th Mar 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Another question while Im here, any sort of way of backing up everything else? Im getting a new handset next week through my insurance so want to have minimal fuss. Is it best to just write down the apps I have, settings, etc?

Use AppBrain.com - Displays installed apps, install/remove remotely. Just requires you to create an account on AppBrain and install the AppBrain app, but takes literally 10secs.
Otherwise you could use Titanium Backup and backup the apps to your SD; requires the phone to be rooted though.

New Poll