corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa brakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa brakes
Geddes6866

User status: Offline
31st Mar 11 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi just just wondering if anyone could shed some light on my situation i have just put 2.0 brakes on my 1.0 corsa and in doing so had to get new hoses because mine were too short and when changing the hoses a pipe snapped . so my car has new brake pipes new brake hoses new callipers pads disks and i still have no brakes ? i have bled the brakes and am now thinking it could be the seals in the master cylinder ? any ideas would be a great help . Thanks in advance

Ross
Scotty C

31st Mar 11 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't of thought it'll be the master cylinder. It's a bit convienant if they go at the same time u do all that. It's something you've done/changed.

Is there a normal amount of brake fluid coming out when u bleed? how are u doing the bleed? manually, or with a pump?

[Edited on 31-03-2011 by Scotty C]
Scotty C

31st Mar 11 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS, I'm a bit curious why your old brake pipes were too short to run the 256mm set-up?
Geddes6866

31st Mar 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it would have been a bit convenient too to b the master cylinder . i am bleeding manually and deos seem to be normal amount of fluid .also i havnt ever heard of the brake pipes being too short before which kind of confused me but had to get ones for a 2.0 and they are much longer .. old ones i couldnt get full lock or i would have ripped it off
davieslim

31st Mar 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to agree with Scotty C, i fitted 256mm brakes to my old 1.0 12v and had no issues at all
B3KAN

31st Mar 11 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Geddes6866
i thought it would have been a bit convenient too to b the master cylinder . i am bleeding manually and deos seem to be normal amount of fluid .also i havnt ever heard of the brake pipes being too short before which kind of confused me but had to get ones for a 2.0 and they are much longer .. old ones i couldnt get full lock or i would have ripped it off

I did think it was strange you said you needed different hosses

How do you mean your not getting a normal amount off fluid? you sure you are getting all the air out the system?
Geddes6866

1st Apr 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes all the air is out .. i have to pump the brakes alot to even get a little brake and that only stops it from rolling not when driving . i am going to replace the servo , master cylinder and bottle today and that has to fix it becuase i have changed everything after them already done , hoses , pipes , disks, pads , calipers ,carriers ,fluid . im thinking the screw that goes from the servo to the master may have came out when braking and when fluid has ran out it hasnt pushed itself back in causing the no brakes . only time will tell tho .. will update tonight and let you know what the outcome is cheers
tom130691
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check none of you new connections are leaking .....
Scotty C

1st Apr 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seals in the calipers may be shot
corsatdi

1st Apr 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the nipples on the calipers split? Heard this happens alot on 2.0 brakes
Geddes6866

2nd Apr 11 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really stumped now guys .. went and got a new servo/master cylinder/ bottle and pedal earlier the whole set up ... still nothing so decided it was my master cylinder being too small to pump fluid in . so put my 1l brakes back on and guess what ...... no brake ? wtf ! have a little if i pump them but what can it be now .. everything has been changed and i mean everything other than the pipes to the back
B3KAN

2nd Apr 11 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tryed bleeding the whole system or just the front?
Geddes6866

3rd Apr 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the whole system .. totally stumped like

New Poll