corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smokey C16 - rings or seals?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smokey C16 - rings or seals?
one-mr-t

User status: Offline
2nd May 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a C16XE, its abit smokey on start up, and blue smoke when under load, if I give it some its blue smoke then black, mileage is roughly 84k so I was told, uses just over a litre of oil a week and my mates say it stinks when there behind me, will this be the rings or valve steam oil seals?

Thanks in advance
Ellis

2nd May 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the rings are the worst of your problems.
daine
Premium Member

2nd May 11 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like it`s done 185,000 miles, and yes its the rings but it sounds like it wants
a recon
one-mr-t

2nd May 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if the bores are wavey will need a re-bore aswell? Lookin like 20xe time sick of these engines! Lol
fazza

2nd May 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes will need a rebore if fitting new rings
one-mr-t

2nd May 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And how much is that roughly if you know? Parts and labour for doing the re-bore? Got a mate who can re-build it
AlexW

2nd May 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends, If the bores are glazed up and or slighty marked, then it will just need honing. If its heavily scored, oval shaped or has a big lip at the top of the bores, it will need a rebore and oversized pistons and rings.

But I would agree, rings are funked.

New Poll