corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Stupid questions about direction of sound

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid questions about direction of sound
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Jun 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I wanted to set up my hi fi (well, the main 2 speakers) so that the neighbours didn't hear much of the sound if we had the volume up fairly high, which of the following scenarios would be best?

Set Up One:

(neighbour) || (wall) || [0] ----> speaker facing away from neighbour's wall (sofa)

Set Up Two:

(neighbour) || (wall) || (sofa) <---- [0] speaker facing towards neighbour but from opposite wall

I'm thinking set up two, because the sound/bass/vibrations etc. won't be so bad?

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by Sam]
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought your neighbours were loud bastards anyway?

But in answer, I would've thought the 2nd but that's just a guess.
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No we are moving soon hopefully (couldn't GAF about the chavs next door where we are now!) and the neighbour on the other side of our new place is elderly so I don't want us to piss them off with loud music/TV/Xbox etc.

New Poll