corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Leccy showers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leccy showers
WATSON

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since looking at fancy sauna/showers ect we have decided instead of spending money on cheap crap just get a plain simple bathroom suit and get a electric shower put in above the bath..

Now i have been told from someone that i might have a problem doing so.. I have wooding floor throughout the house, Have been told this would need to be ripped up for cables to be put under to go to the main fuse box, could this be correct or is there another way it could be done without ripping my new flooring up
oceansoul

23rd Aug 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you not channel out the walls?

You will more than likely need a new supply run to the shower unit from you fuse board though.

[Edited on 23-08-2011 by oceansoul]
WATSON

23rd Aug 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the only problem we will have is trying to get power to the shower without ripping up the new flooring

I have thought about this for a few days now and cant see any possible ways of doing it i dont think

Thought id ask on here as there might be some sparkys/plumbers on board
Baskey

23rd Aug 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea you will need to run power from your fusebox to the shower. You should have it running through a pull cord/switch to turn the power on/off. I think these are soposed to be outside the bathroom? however I'm wiring my pull cord inside the bathroom
John

23rd Aug 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up to loft and down a wall?
mattk

23rd Aug 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the problem with plastic floors
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As John said, or could you not take some floor boards up and see which way the joists run. You may be lucky and be able to fish them across.

Prob not to regs but you could run the cable up your outside wall in conduit etc.
sc0ott

23rd Aug 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not rip out the bath and put in a big walk in style shower and have it run off the mains?

Do you have internal brick or timber walls?
ash_corsa

23rd Aug 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill out behind fuse board, 25mm black conduit up outside of house into loft, pull 10mm T&E though, jobs a good un.
ash_corsa

23rd Aug 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Prob not to regs but you could run the cable up your outside wall in conduit etc.

Why wouldn't that be to regs? Why try to give advice to someone on something you know fuck-all about?
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please note the word 'probably' as i wouldn't know without checking. I was merely giving him an idea for him to think about/look into.

No need to be a prick tbh. End of the day were on a car forum, not a sparky forum.

Plus you confirmed I was right so hardly an argument
Siberia

23rd Aug 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the wall the shower is going on a studded partition or a solid block/brick wall?
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If getting the cabling to the bathroom is a pain a studded wall won't make much difference.
sc0ott

24th Aug 11 at 05:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but a timber wall you can run the cable down or up the studs where as with a masonry wall youre going to need to frame it out if you want to hide the cable.
Assuming the house is quite old chances are the internal masonry walls wont have strapping or dabs.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But on the same hand if it's an old house it may have layers and layers of plaster so easy to chase out.

New Poll