corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help please, x16xe coughing & stalling problems :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help please, x16xe coughing & stalling problems :(
Worped

User status: Offline
19th Sep 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, I have a 1.6 sport, it started having all the usual idling problems, my husband replaced the ICV and the sensor that's in the pipe which is connected to air filter, this fixed the idling and stalling problems but then something else started playing up and he changed the crankshaft sensor, car started to then run lovely, until I took it on the motorway in less than 15 miles it'd started to violently cough or shudder and the EML light came on, I came off the road stopped for a few mins and then it ran fine but ever since it's been getting worse, my husband took it to work and ended up calling out the AA, who said the fuse for the fuel pump was loose, he wiggled it and again car was running fine.
That evening I took it to work and it had a lack of power and felt really rough, it coughed maybe once or twice but no light etc.
after that I've only been making the 2 miles to school and again it's been steadily getting worse, it started with just the coughing on the way home from picking the kids up, then when I started the car to pick the kids up it would stall a minute or so after I started car, it would however run fine after I re-started it, you get the picture, it got worse every time I took it out!
Anyways this morning it started fine, went to start it after dropping kids off and again it stalled but then it wouldn't start, it turned over but wouldn't fire, left it a few minutes and it started ok, it coughed most the way home and stalled when some idiot decided to suddenly turn into the road infront of me, anyways this scared me and I'm fed up now.
My husband is adamant it's either egr or fuel pump but my old Omega used to do the coughing bit which turned out to be coil pack.

Anybody any ideas? thanks

[Edited on 19-09-2011 by Worped]
Eddx14xe

19th Sep 11 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EGR valve.
Worped

19th Sep 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tar, went and did the paper clip test, it came up with 1405 which is egr but does anyone know what is 0200 and 0505?
Dean_W

21st Sep 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0202 is Injector valve 2.
0505 isn't listed on the list i looked at.

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

New Poll