corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa aux belt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa aux belt
corsajay88

User status: Offline
27th Sep 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, my aux belt on my 1.4 8v started squeeling last week. it would stop after a while but got worse and was doing it for longer until it was constantly squeeling. so took it to quickfit ( i know but was in manchester and no tools and no other places open) anyway he did the job but soon as i started it i noticed a high pitched whine like the belt was too tight. ive taken it to quickfit he loosened it but has said seems like a bearings gone on the alternator.

my question is what do i do about this, it definately did not make this noise before its quite loud. could the belt tension have caused this?

and to top this off my work van got clamped today i was out of it for 45 seconds max asking a bloke about a job. turn round theres a little slimy fat bastard with a clamp. its a council vehicle ffs. my boss is not pleased £150. i know maybe i shouldnt have been there but was only not to obstruct the road as it was busy with trucks and more to the point he could see me when he got out of his van.

New Poll