corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to wire my fan to switch?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to wire my fan to switch?
DanCobb

User status: Offline
19th Oct 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to do? & how to do it? Just done engine conversion and don't think it's kicking in.
Jed D

19th Oct 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used another rear fog switch and put it were gsi's have the front fog switch down the side of the dash, ran the wire under the scuttle and fused it under there.

first!
have you checked the fan switch (bottom of rad), temp sensor (side of thermostat), fan itself and the voltage going to the switch and again to the fan... voltmeter required

mine wasn't getting enough volts from the switch to the fan somehow and even after running a wire from it myself it wasn't working, changed and checked all of the above a million times and still no joy, thats when i wired a manual on in and tbh i prefer it
DanCobb

19th Oct 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet il try this out tomorrow and let you know how it goes
AlexW

20th Oct 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Temp sensor has nothing to do with the rad fan, I've told you jeddy this before.

There is no power going through the switch, there is a ign live going to the fan plug and the rest is earth.

A fog switch won't stand up to the amps unless you run a relay.
DanCobb

20th Oct 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted now. Tried wiring it up to a switch it worked for abit but melted the second time I used it, smoke everywhere . Just wired it up to come on with ignition much easier

New Poll