corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » snapped handbrake cable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author snapped handbrake cable
Dann19

User status: Offline
20th Jan 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello
need some help asap!
snapped my handbrake cable today
went to the garage, could be upto £80 depending on how many need changing
well anyway does anyone know any links for ebay or something like that, that can get me a 1l corsa b handbrake cable!
any help or out is grateful as i cant justify paying £80 when my mot is next week
Metta

20th Jan 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just search Corsa B handbrake cables. Or ring Kwickpart, or another parts company give them your reg and they will sort you out
johnhara1

21st Jan 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it's the longest rear cable, iirc it goes to the n/s rear wheel i have a brand new one here you can have for £10.

There are only 2 cables on a corsa b, 1 long, 1 short.

XE Col
Premium Member

21st Jan 12 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just done one recently cost around 30 quid for the two from local motor factors
Dann19

21st Jan 12 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to the local garage they told me it could be upto £80 as theres 4, they also said, if ones gone then more than likely the others are on there way, if its only one then willl obv but considerbly cheaper
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

21st Jan 12 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's only 2 cables, but yea I'd prefer to change both as on the Corsa they usually snap where they go trough the guides on the rear beam, and the second won't be in great shape anyway.

As for the price - it depends on how you feel about DIYing it. If as above you're looking at £30 for parts then another £50 for labour, that's a decent cost as its not a particularly quick job with the drums needing dismantling.
merlokquest

22nd Jan 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

euro car parts 23 quid longest cable and 11 quid for short cable...theres only 2 cables one from your handbrake lever to the passenger side then one from the passenger side wheel drum to drivers side they snap where cable runs through the quide on the beam axle easy enough job to do took me 15 mins to do hardest bit is getting the drum off but i was fitting new bearings anyway just make sure hand brake is off when tsking drum apart another pair of hands is useful when refitting the cable i did mine yesterday
Dann19

23rd Jan 12 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no idea when it comes to stuff like this! otherwise i would of done it myself! cheers though guys
Generation

23rd Jan 12 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by merlokquest
euro car parts 23 quid longest cable and 11 quid for short cable...theres only 2 cables one from your handbrake lever to the passenger side then one from the passenger side wheel drum to drivers side they snap where cable runs through the quide on the beam axle easy enough job to do took me 15 mins to do hardest bit is getting the drum off but i was fitting new bearings anyway just make sure hand brake is off when tsking drum apart another pair of hands is useful when refitting the cable i did mine yesterday

no way did it take 15 minutes to do.
davieslim

23rd Jan 12 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 cables on a corsa b, 4 cables on a corsa c
Dann19

23rd Jan 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know how i would know which cable is snapped or do you think its best just to buy 2?
Jed D

23rd Jan 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better off buying both danny, you can almost gaurentee the other will snap if you just fix the broke one lol

New Poll