corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bulkhead movement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bulkhead movement
Edges 58

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before my conversion I had a bit of a knocking noise when hitting the brakes hard or turning the wheel.. Sounded as if it was coming from the n/s/f suspension. Gathered it was the standard top mounts that got changed for compbrake adjustable ones during the X E conversion. Been driving around a week or so and the noise is still there under the same actions but a bit louder.

Sitting still and shaking the steering wheel causes it too.. So got my dad to shake the wheel while I look around the engine bay. To my surprise looking around the steering rack where it bolts to the bulkhead.. The bulkhead moves back and forth :/ also noticed its making most of the bulkhead move and the knocking sound coming from the middle of the bulkhead.

Haven't had chance to jack it up and have a good look yet but has anyone got any ideas of why could be the problem?

Sorry for the essay, just a lot of info I though would be needed
johnhara1

3rd Feb 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've either, not bolted the rack to the bulkhead securely or your bulkhead is rotten ausing the movement.

Eitherway, it sounds dangerous!
Edges 58

3rd Feb 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the racks never been off and its the whole bulkhead moving... gonna get it in the air tomorrow morning and look around

New Poll