corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VX Powerboxes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VX Powerboxes
leebo

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 12 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People seem to claim around 15 bhp on these?

How much REALISTICALLY would you expect to gain from fitting one to an otherwise standard 1.6?

Better with a cone or airbox and panel filter?

Do they kill the classical 'sport note'... how will the car sound?

Thanks, Lee

[Edited on 22-02-2012 by leebo]
Jed D

22nd Feb 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only change to sound on mine was that it pops and bangs a bit more, but iv got a stainless 4.1, de-cat welded to sportex race tube and 3" bb

pretty easy to fit and you deffo notice an good increase in bhp but only at the top end of the revvs... without one they feel lazy at high revvs but with one you feel it get a lot more 'ummf' so to speak

also i run a standard (de-restricted) air box on mine... you may find it a bit difficult to get the silicone pipe that goes from the TB to the airbox with the sensor hole in, but there's a company called 'viper performance' do one that practically fits perfect. otherwise look into 1.2 8v ones i believe

any other help just ask mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They definitely sound different with them fitted yeah. But for the better imo Have a look on youtube mate, plenty of videos on there to give you an idea of how they sound.

I've got an enclosed filter on mine and it works great with the powerbox. No flat spots etc and sounds nice and sporty without being too ott and chavvy.

I've never driven one without a powerbox fitted but you can feel the power kick in at around 4k and it just pulls from there onwards You will love it! But yeah 15bhp is very typical with just a powerbox. Add a 4-2-1, decat etc and you be looking at about 125 +
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old Sport made 108 bhp at the the flywheel, after fitting a powerbox, 4-1 and janspeed cat back it made 108 bhp at the wheels. So they do give a good hike in power. Worth every penny imo.
Jed D

23rd Feb 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Worth every penny imo.

aye. well worth 80 quid imo

New Poll