corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can any1 help I've changed the front shocks n it's gone wierd 2 fcuk

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can any1 help I've changed the front shocks n it's gone wierd 2 fcuk
Sonny_1234

User status: Offline
11th Apr 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all c20xe users
I've recently changed the front shocks on my corsa b from standard ones tO fk coilovers I took these off my old corsa so I no they work fine but I had put them on successfully and correct (I hope lol) I have refitted them twice but it feels Like when i go down the road the wheels are gonna fall off it fine when you go in a straight line but soon as you go over a bump pot hole speed bump whatever it feels asif the wheels are draggin out away from the car and are going tO fall off my friend said tracking but I went to get it done and explained this to the person there and he said its mechanical can any1 help ? There is no movement in the hub when I try shake it with the car onthe jack and the wheel off so I thought I carnt be the joints or whatever but I'm not sure please help some1 lol my cars tried to kill me like this at least 3 times lmao
scottyp1989

11th Apr 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the shocks have the elongated hole for camber adjustment? Is that bolt tightend tight if they do? Had same problem with mine when mate helpd me. He hadnt tightend it tight enough and the wheel felt like it flopd over
JaffaTB

11th Apr 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are the yellow FK's then yeah the top hole is oval, was a right pain to set up when i had them
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've changed the front shocks, it's only 4 bolts so make sure they're fucking tight.
Sonny_1234

11th Apr 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the quick input I'll have a play and see what works if anything keep coming with any ideas if any thanks all c20xe users n I did do them up as tight as I could but I will refit them and try again any ideas on how to tighten the top bolts any more cuz that was a struggle where it fits in the cup because it just keeps turning on the rubber gromet Thingy it's well annoying lmao I done it with chisels a home made ring spanner and grips lmao n they are yellow fks and I'm also rebuilding my c20xe engine not really goin to plan could do with some advice really I'll try post pics I'm a real redtop fan but I'm not a great mechanic but I'll try and do anything I can get my fingers too
Sonny_1234

11th Apr 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N it has got camber ajustment but I didn't mess with that will have a look thanks all ideas are a step closer tO me finding the problem I've had enough of it trying to kill me now need tO get it sorted n also the steering is crazy feels really light but is abit responsive but if you turn te wheel it keeps goin and doesn't lock back to straight if that makes sense lol
Edges 58

11th Apr 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you lowered the front more than the back? This made my steering feel light. The top nut in the cup really needs an impact gun on it. Then just get the tracking and camber adjustment set up properly and you should be fine
Dan H

11th Apr 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the balljoint bolts tight? I had same problem on mk4 golf, the bolts that hold the bottom balljoint to the bottom arm under the hub was loose
Mieran

12th Apr 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its called bump steer

If you have a front arb take it off, it will reduce it slightly

New Poll