corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20Xe flooding only on number 1 piston??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20Xe flooding only on number 1 piston??
Vauxdan88

User status: Offline
19th Apr 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tried starting my 20xe Corsa for the first time and it fired up but was misfiring on number 1. I took the plug out and can see a little puddle of fuel on top of the piston,so took other 3 plugs out and there all fine. Any ideas? Desperate to get this running sweet now! Been off the road too long!
bigron1988

19th Apr 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is cylinder 1 getting a spark
Vauxdan88

19th Apr 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It did when I took it out and rested it on the rocker cover.it was wierd though I Spose,wasn't like a normal little blue spark,was a big orange one,one at a time rather than constant if that makes sense,Spose that answers my question really lol,it's not sparking properly so not burning fuel? Dodgy lead?
bigron1988

19th Apr 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep try a new lead on it
Vauxdan88

19th Apr 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do
Vauxdan88

21st Apr 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found out I got no compression what so ever on cyl 1. So stuck an airline in the spark plug hole and air was leaking out of one of the inlet valves,took head off and looks like valves not seated properly,wierd though coz I only lapped em all in the day before and had perfect silver marks all the way round.. Will do some more work on it Monday and find out whats going on

[Edited on 21-04-2012 by Vauxdan88]
Tony M84

22nd Apr 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vauxdan88
Found out I got no compression what so ever on cyl 1. So stuck an airline in the spark plug hole and air was leaking out of one of the inlet valves,took head off and looks like valves not seated properly,wierd though coz I only lapped em all in the day before and had perfect silver marks all the way round.. Will do some more work on it Monday and find out whats going on

[Edited on 21-04-2012 by Vauxdan88]

Did you try the fuel trick after you seated them? Pour fuel in the head and see if it escapes through the vavles.
Vauxdan88

22nd Apr 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I didn't think about it to be honest,like I said when I lapped em in I had perfect clean silver marks all the way round,so didn't see the need for anything else to be done. I've ordered a few valves anyway so we'll see when I fit the new ones...
monkeytwizzel

22nd Apr 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like that valve is bent some how my friend because you will still get the dark line when lapping in using a bent valve.what was the reason for the head removal in the first place?

New Poll