corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It's official I'm a car show addict...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It's official I'm a car show addict...
SVT2888

User status: Offline
7th Aug 12 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...or am I a photography addict? Can't tell really. Maybe I'm an addict of car show photography?

This past weekend not only did I attend Cars & Coffee like I always do. I also managed to make it to a small meet at AE Performance on Saturday morning and on Sunday I went to the last stop of the Scion FR-S Tour of LA Drive.

My schedule actually started Friday when I woke up around 2:30pm, ran a few errands then went to work that night. I got out of work at 5am after a very hectic night at work and rushed home to shower and change. Waited for a friend to arrive at my house, he had been wanting to go to C&C since he had never gone, then drove 41 miles and arrived at C&C at 6:50am. Stayed there for a bit and took a couple of shots, then drove 82 miles to the AE Performance meet. I was so exhausted that on the way up the 5 I kept asking my self "Are we there yet?!"

Was the drive worth it? HECK YES!

We arrived to find a small group of cars parked outside the warehouse. Those cars included two 997.1 GT3 RS's, a R34 GT-R V-Spec II, a wild Nissan Silvia, a nice 370Z, nice GT500, Twin Turbo Ford GT, a McLaren MP-412C and a bunch of FR-S's. But the really good stuff was INSIDE!

The first thing that caught our eyes as we walked into the warehouse was a row of absolutely mint looking cars. This row included 4 E36 M3 LTW's, 1 standard E36 M3, a 300ZX TT, Toyota Supra, Acura NSX, Ferrari 360 CS, Ferrari F355 Spider, Porsche 930 Turbo, a Porsche Targa, and a prototype Saleen Mustang. But our attention quickly turned to the lifts. Those lifts included a '70 Boss 302, a C1 Corvette, Shelby GT500 Super Snake, '93 Mustang Cobra R, BMW M1, Novitec F430 Spider, another TT Ford GT, a Saleen S7, another Saleen Mustang and a Chevelle SS. The rest of the lifts accross from the row of cars had a collection of Fox Body Saleen Mustangs and next to them sat a Charger R/T. It was a candy store for automotive enthusiasts!

Around noon my eyes started burning so I decided it was time to get home. Got home and showered once again since it was a very hot day and I was sweating quite a bit since I have leather seats and no A/C. Planned on going to sleep but the shower woke me right up. So I just stayed up editing and uploading pics. I found my self finally going to sleep at 3am.

I was awake Sunday by 9am feeling refreshed...somehow. I caught up with a few friends over FB messenger and then decided it was stupid to be up after so little sleep so I went back to sleep. Woke up and two and then tried to find a reason to go out and take pics. Hit up a buddy who told me he was on a Scion FR-S drive that I should join them at their last stop. The last stop was 8 mins from my house so, why not? I'll go for a little bit....riiiiiiight!

Ended up hanging out for a good bit taking pics of the various FR-S's and AE86's that were there as well as the always amazing Lexus LF-A. I really, really love the LF-A, don't care what anyone says. Once you get to spend some time around them analyzing every little detail you get it. You get was Toyota was trying to do. I spent some time talking about the cars pros and cons with some Toyota marketing people.

After the event I was invited by a friend to go to his warehouse to hangout and talk cars. He has a nice little collection at his warehouse. His collection includes an a track prepped AE-86 and an S14, a very mint E30 M3, a Benz CLK AMG Black Series, a 997.1 GT3RS with a bunch of Cup Spec mods, a 996 Turbo with GT2 upgrades, a 993 Carrera 4S, a wide carbon fiber bodied Smart Car, Hummer H1, and a Bentley Continental GT for the wife. He also has a few bikes including a Hayabusa, Ducatti Monster, Ducatti 998, and Ducatti 1198 in bare carbon fiber. His favorite current car though? The Scion FR-S which he just acquired.

He might have the funds to have a crew take cars of his cars. But he likes working on his own stuff and he washes all his cars himself. He says that he feels that when you wash a car is when you really get to appreciate it. It's just you and the car. He says that you get to know the car more intimately when you wash it yourself.

I have to say that I have to agree with him. But enough of my blabbering on here are the pics from both events:

Scion FR-S Tour:

Do you guys think that I have a car event addiction? Do I need an intervention?
I mean I did forget to eat on Sunday because I got entertained with the FR-S event and hanging out at the warehouse. Didn't eat 'til Monday morning when I finally figured out what I had forgotten to do on Sunday. I also stayed up until 10am Monday morning editing and uploading pics.

I think at this point I either need a job in the automotive media world, or a gf lol

Here are the AE Performance pics: http://www.cncpics.com/2012/August/AE-Performance-Meet/24563040_nN336h

Here are the Scion FR-S event pics:http://www.cncpics.com/2012/August/Scion-FR-S-Tour-of-LA-Drive/24592529_3WVmSJ

Sorry no pics of my friends collection yet. I'll do that some other time.

Thanks for reading my long write up. Follow cncpics on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/cncpics

Thanks,

-Leo
fazza

7th Aug 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo will be leaking sex wee at them white E36's
Tom G

7th Aug 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVT what do you drive?
SVT2888

7th Aug 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
SVT what do you drive?

A super beat up '97 T-bird with 260k+ miles on it. It need a TON of work. Has a couple of mods done to it, but it needs a dyno tune because it is running very rich right now.

Looks worse now
Tom G

7th Aug 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wondered!
Great photos, surprised you dont already work in the automotive industry
p

7th Aug 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skyline with the old wheels looks awesome!
Y869 SRA

7th Aug 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man, that would be my heaven!
JamesMc

7th Aug 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new 86 seems to be really popular abroad i noticed atm haven't seen any here
SVT2888

10th Aug 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JamesMc
The new 86 seems to be really popular abroad i noticed atm haven't seen any here

They are like Locust here it seems!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It's official I'm a car show addict... 23 database queries in 0.0169959 seconds