corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wifi question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wifi question
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Aug 12 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello

Is there any way I can flood a particular wifi channel so it's basically buggered?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd have to get a jammer for the freq you can do ssid flooding with auth
Dom

13th Aug 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use a jammer, can't think of a way of specifically flooding a single channel though.
However the legal side of this is all a little dodge

Edit - Authentication flooding on the WAP is another option

Edit 2 - Actually, you'd just target the specific frequency for that channel (ie - if it's 2.4GHz 'b', then each channels is 22MHz wide, so channel 6 would be 2.437GHz; 'g/n' is 20MHz wide etc).
So yeah it's doable but you'd need to relatively close to the target and i suspect it might causes issues with surrounding WAPs.

Edit 3 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by Dom]
noshua

13th Aug 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt it's possible with just a couple network cards you might have lying around. I bet it'd be easier and cheaper to just block/jam/congest the 2.4GHz frequency.

Why do you want to do this?
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame I can't actually get on the network because then it's easy to bring it down.

I considered a jammer but only wanted to target a specific one and not bugger others, plus the price of them is a bit high for the purpose I need it for, I'm not that hardcore I was more in the market for something I can put together with the things I've got.

Just doing it for educational purposes.

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by Brett]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what type of authentication do they use brett
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WPA2 PSK unfortunately
willay
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and your aim is to stop people from using it?
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, pretty much.

If I changed my SSID to the same name as that one would that potentially cause the machines to try and connect to my network instead? But I assume then they'd just move onto the next one once they failed on mine anyway?

I'm just open to any kind of trouble causing suggestions really, for educational purposes.
willay
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, rename your AP to their name, use the same channel but don't offer up any encryption/authentication. Then run a man in the middle proxy faking the ssl certs and steal all of their paypal/ebay/shit
Cavey

13th Aug 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
oh, rename your AP to their name, use the same channel but don't offer up any encryption/authentication. Then run a man in the middle proxy faking the ssl certs and steal all of their paypal/ebay/shit

For educational purposes, of course
willay
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, steal their paypal login and buy school books with it
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
that's a cool idea. Though it's all technically illegal anyway, im not interested in financial data, but i like the idea of using a proxy to play with their minds haha "their" being imaginery test subjects on my test network im using for educational purposes.

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by Brett]
Gary
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dogey basatrd
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all educational mate.

Only dawned on me the other day you could turn your phone into a wifi screwer by setting the details the same as the gateway
PhilC

13th Aug 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you actually trying to do?

One of our product features is that it can block a specific SSID on a given channel.

It's done by sending a deauthentication packet to the broadcasting radio's MAC address every 250ms.
Renders it completely useless.

It might be a bit on the expensive side for a home project though!
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How come i can't replicate the same thing with a pc, wifi card and a bit of software? You're right tho, wasn't really looking to spend tbh.
willay
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick google

http://code.google.com/p/wifijammer/
PhilC

13th Aug 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
How come i can't replicate the same thing with a pc, wifi card and a bit of software? You're right tho, wasn't really looking to spend tbh.

Because I work for a WiFi vendor that sells this feature.

New Poll