corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine temperature

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine temperature
john_redtop

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 12 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys have a small issue with engine temperature I'm convinced its a dodgy sensor a couple of weeks back when i was starting the car from cold been left over night the temperature would go straight to 90 degrees then once drove for a while it would rise to a little over 100 but no fan kicking in (fan and switch tested and work) then other times i would start the car it would be fine start at 0 the rise to 90 after some driving but the last week it does it everyday now starts at 90 the rises to just over 100 and stays there just wondered if anyone had any ides to what it could possibly be. clocks have been changed between this time and it still does it I'm getting a new engine temperature sensor tonight after work so gonna try that is there out else it could be? i don't think its any engine trouble I'm not loosing coolant no water in oil or vice verse also with the fan not kicking in when its at that temperature says to me the coolant isn't really that hot

cheers

BTW its a corsa with a 20XE in

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by john_redtop]
reecegsi

3rd Sep 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what fan you using? checkeed connections on thermostat?
john_redtop

3rd Sep 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Useing a slim line fan also all connections seem fine ive also ordered a new thermostat gonna replace it all tonight with new coolant see how it goes
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say the sensor is a bit dodgey to be honest mate

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
john_redtop

3rd Sep 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sorted now fitted a new engine temperature sensor and its spot on took the old one out connected it to the wire and it still shot straight upto 90 plunged the new one in and stayed at zero put a new thermostat stat in why I was there aswell.

New Poll