corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » z20let rattle noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author z20let rattle noise
Adam_B

User status: Offline
14th Oct 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, my car seems to have developed a rattle somewhere in the engine.

At idle it sounds a bit like when you get 10p in the washing machine, there is no constant rhythm to it but it does follow idle speed for a few seconds then goes quiet then comes back if that makes sense. Ive had the sump off expecting something in there but it was clear. The car runs fine and there is no unusual smoke from the exhaust.

It seems to be loudest on the cam belt side of the engine, Ive recorded a video with my phone through the wheel arch with the cam belt cover off-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z459EuTH2RA&feature=youtu.be

Im hoping someone can help identify what could be making the sound before I do my usual trick of just throwing new parts at it! I've had the car 5 years, it had a cam belt kit about 3 years/25k miles ago but I didn't swap the Water pump, possible culprit?

Cheers!

[Edited on 14-10-2012 by Adam_B]
random dav
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was gonna suggest water pump, would it be a ballache/possible to take the hose off the rear of the pump and try and have a feel inside?

WRLFC !

Project cars
Adam_B

16th Oct 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swapped waterpump, cambelt kit and alternator belt, noise gone
random dav
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

winner! was there anything you could see that was causing it?

[Edited on 17-10-2012 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars

New Poll