corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Handheld Steam Cleaners?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Handheld Steam Cleaners?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got one (or your mum I guess )? Like the JML ones on the shopping channels, except they will probably be shit, looking for one that does the laminate (hopefully soon to be tiled) kitchen floor but can double up to have a telescopic nozzle that can do bath seals / the shower, little nooks and crannies like that.

Not looking to spend the earth but want to use less chemicals in my house, more cupboard space as well. I can Google all I want to find ones to buy, but looking for actual reviews from ones you own / use.

Cheers
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Feb 13 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wank. I bought one for the nooks and crannies in my shower/bathroom and it dnt touch it. Wont even do the grout. Save your cash. imo.
James

22nd Feb 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a steam mop

It's ok but it's not much less effort than a normal mop and bucket other than it doesn't leave the floor wet.

I only paid about £30 though.
corsa-torque

22nd Feb 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an X5, and I personally think its bloody amazing.
Does laminate, vinyl, tiles.. Made my oven look brand new. Don't think there's a room in the house it doesn't get used.
Also nice to give the engine a once over.
Sam
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got this one for Christmas.

It's not too bad actually, the only thing I would say is that some of the attachments sometimes deattach from the steamer if you twist them a certain way

It could do with a better (safer) locking mechanism for the attachments, but apart from that it does what it says on the box. Have used it in the kitchen to removed dried mud stains on the floor tiles from the dogs, and it's helped to remove a lot of mould and stuff from the bathroom tiles.

When the weather is a bit more favourable I'm going to use it on the car to remove the green mould/moss type stains inside the boot hatch area, and also to clean the engine bay up a bit better and de-oil it.

I think it was about £17 at Christmas so has obviously gone up a few quid since then.
dannymccann

26th Feb 13 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers corsa-torque, I have heard about the X5, think its a bit out of my price range though. Sam, does that actually work then better than using sprays and scrubbing (or a toothbrush for the corners etc)? I want something that shoots a jet of steam quite powerfully, rather than something that just heats the area up if you know what I mean
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karcher have got one which seems quite decent; used my missus' mum's one at the weekend on the windows and it made a good job

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by LiVe LeE]
Gary
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
does that actually work then better than using sprays and scrubbing (or a toothbrush for the corners etc)? I want something that shoots a jet of steam quite powerfully, rather than something that just heats the area up if you know what I mean

I have the same as Sam, and no, it dnt do fook all.
Sam
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My one isn't too bad. You're obviously not going to have something that gives out super pressurised steam, but for the price and the attachments you get with it, it does the job.

It comes with a little brush attachment too which I found useful for cleaning between tiles and stuff.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you soak with any chemicals first Sam?
Sam
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well for the kitchen tiles I just used the steamer, but for the mouldy grout in the bathroom tiles I used some Mr Muscle first on them.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, might be why yours worked better. Might give mine a 2nd chance and cover it in bathroom cleaner

New Poll