corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20let wont spark

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20let wont spark
Ricky8

User status: Offline
28th Apr 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv recently fitted a c20let to my corsa b. It was running fine apart from a high idle problem which is now fixed. I went out to start it the other day and it wouldnt start. Im gettin fuel at the rail so its not the pump and fuel relay is clicking as it should when i turn on the ignition, eml light is also working( only code flashing is 13) iv 12v at the coil iv also tested the coil with a 12v and earthed it and its sparking ok, also iv replaced the crank sensor and checked its voltage so its ok to, iv removed the complete loom to check for any breaks in the wire + checked all my earths and everything is fine.

Its strange was running fine up to a few days ago.

Could the ecu be f**ked ?

Any ideas ?
Richie

28th Apr 13 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Odd one. Check the wiring to the ignition coil in particular as they are known to split near to that point - and also check your fuses.

Also check the ignition amplifier - guide on migweb here

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/482538-c20let-no-spark-coil.html
davidm

4th May 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked the basics?
Ricky8

4th May 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes checked all the basics cant figure it out at all. Its turning over fine fuel in the rail 12v at the coil but no sign of a spark at all. Trying to get my hands on another ecu to try it. Iv tried 2 crank sensors and thinking of buying a 3rd. Really strange stopped it one evening and came back to it next day and it wont start that was over a week ago now.

Starting to loose heart with the whole thing now.

New Poll