corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » will it fit/work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will it fit/work
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th May 13 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i have a 1.2 8v and i am told a 1.4 GTE nova cam shaft will fit and i will gain alot of power but not a 100% sure on this

if it dose fit what else can be done tuning wise to a 1.2 8v engine
pow
Premium Member

29th May 13 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't waste your time mate, it's dead money
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

29th May 13 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only things ive done already is a decat with sportex race tube and back box and pipercross panel filter £45 it cost sounds better and is abit quicker but the sr or gte cam i was told gives them a good power figure

maybe i will save my money and go for a 1.6xe
Root

30th May 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vaux-Dan
only things ive done already is a decat with sportex race tube and back box and pipercross panel filter £45 it cost sounds better and is abit quicker but the sr or gte cam i was told gives them a good power figure

That's just it, your best bet is a conversion, no matter what you do, unless you spend thousands, you'll never see a significant improvement, and you can get an engine with all ancillaries for <£500.

But if you're determined, remove back seats, spare wheel, carpets etc, it's free.

Also, apparently x18xe1 engines go into the 1.2 8v engine bay fairly easily. They are 1.8 engines but small blocks, so you get a big boost of power (compared to a 1.2 8v) and the weight doesn't hold it back too much, they're also far cheaper than the 2 litres c20xe and c20let that most people use, but if you want big power like that, then go for those.

Good luck & stick up a project thread

[Edited on 30-05-2013 by Root]
Edges 58

30th May 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're set on using your 8v engine, nova gte cam and exhaust and inlet all fit. Or just get a c16se engine from a nova!! Or do the sensible thing and put a 20xe in it
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Vaux-Dan

That's just it, your best bet is a conversion, no matter what you do, unless you spend thousands, you'll never see a significant improvement, and you can get an engine with all ancillaries for <£500.

But if you're determined, remove back seats, spare wheel, carpets etc, it's free.

Also, apparently x18xe1 engines go into the 1.2 8v engine bay fairly easily. They are 1.8 engines but small blocks, so you get a big boost of power (compared to a 1.2 8v) and the weight doesn't hold it back too much, they're also far cheaper than the 2 litres c20xe and c20let that most people use, but if you want big power like that, then go for those.

Good luck & stick up a project thread

[Edited on 30-05-2013 by Root]

Thanks for the info on the x18xe i will look into that very soon and i have a build tread up mate ( My 1.2 Vegas )
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure it's the X18XE1, as it's a smallblock engine. The X18XE is a bigblock.
tom130691
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would guess at a gte cam being too big,

i was going to swap my 1.2 head for the 1.4 head, bigger vavles and cam, can get one for £30ish, but youll never make anything over 60bhp i wouldnt have thought
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could always look into the x20xev, very tuneable, cheep to buy and fit, low milage complete donner cars are easy to find.
Generation

7th Jun 13 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Money down the drain IMO.
You'll soon get used to it, and wish you'd just done engine conversion to start with.
An air filter and backbox has probably given 2hp is anything, it's more of a placebo effect for most
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

8th Jun 13 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i want is my 1.2 to start now not going to spend money on it as looking into saving for a x18xe or 20LET

New Poll