corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C steering wheel movement issue..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C steering wheel movement issue..
corsa-torque

User status: Offline
9th Jul 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a mate of mine pop over with his 02 Corsa C SXI and his steering wheel moves in and out about 10mm, and im sure this isn't normal. quick inspection the rack etc seems to be ok, going to have a proper look over it Thursday, but wondered if anyone had a similar problem or solution

Ive had a quick google and seems to be a fairly common issue, but no fix mentioned, heres a video ive found of the prob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7x6m1t3nAA

Any help would be good.

Thanks
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Jul 13 at 05:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the bolt behind the air bag tight?
corsa-torque

10th Jul 13 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not had chance to investigate it properly yet, but from what I've read it's not to do with the steering wheel bolt.
Will check that tho
chris.garton1

10th Jul 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its common for the corsas for the bolt coming loose at the bottom of the steering colum in the uj! we have had a few coming into the garage where I work and its just a simple fix!
corsa-torque

10th Jul 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks chris is the bolt easily accessible?

New Poll