corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowering your car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowering your car
JackAndertonx16xe

User status: Offline
11th Jul 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so I've been looking at different types of coil overs and spring setups and I've seen some things that I weren't sure on , I was looking at a set of GAZ coilovers and they said that they can be lowerd to 65 mm but can go lower for show purposes ( but not to be driven lower other wise the steering and drive shaft joints can lock out ) and I have seen someone say that if the car is lower than 60mm on the rear the rear brakes can start to lock up , I was just wondering are these the case if you do go lower than 60mm as I want to go atleast 100mm , and also when ordering any coilovers should I tell them the ride height I want to go to ?
BenC1985

11th Jul 13 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just bought cheap fk ones off ebay. £165 delivered and the rear lowers to 70mm (easily change the springs for custom lower ones) and the front winds down to 100mm. Never had a problem and ive driven it like it for nearly two years.
JackAndertonx16xe

11th Jul 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How easy is it to get springs for the back though ?
Christopher

11th Jul 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy if you dont mind paying! The odd set of 100's pop up every now and then but you can just get them custom made for around £110 irrc
john_redtop

11th Jul 13 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines 110mm rear and 100mm front never had any problems but its a very hard ride
LukesCorsaSXi

12th Jul 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the FK Coilovers off ebay for like £180 or whatever they are. Wind the fronts all the way down, take the adjuster cups out of the back and there you go. Will sit you at like 90-90 easy. My old corsa on my profile pic is using the setup I just said if you want to see what the height is like.

Edit: The fronts aren't actually all the way down, they are about 3/4 as I had 45 tyres on and they were tearing my inner arches to bits.

[Edited on 12-07-2013 by LukesCorsaSXi]
BenC1985

12th Jul 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^what Luke said. My fronts just got wound all the way down, and the rears still have the adjuster cup in because of the offset of my wheels means i cant really go any lower. When i ran my cav slabs as winters i could of removed them and gone another 10-20mm lower but it was too much hassle.
JackAndertonx16xe

12th Jul 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the advise I don't mind going that low and having the hard ride hahaha , how easy is it to take the adjuster cups out ?
BenC1985

12th Jul 13 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy. Just dont fit them in the first place. Just fit the springs without. Heres a pic of the springs and adjusters off the car.

As you can see the spring and adjuster are seperate.
BenC1985

12th Jul 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has the main part of the adjuster in but not the bit that winds up and down to set the ride height. I felt the springs were safer/sat better with it in.
JackAndertonx16xe

12th Jul 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah cool nice one thanks for the advise , as you said before you can't go all the way down on the rear because of your offset do you think I would have the same issue fitting a set of mk3 astra gsi step down fan blades on ? , btw I read through your project thread the other day and I must say your car is boss like looks really well on them Porsche reps like , and I also liked the way it sat on the rear when you had your cav slabs on like ,
BenC1985

14th Jul 13 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car will be fine on the stepdowns. They will sit like my old slabs in terms of offset. So if your tyres are less than 50 profile then you could go lower than me by miles. The fronts caught my archs a bit when driving hard. Thanks for the kind words on my car and wheels.
JackAndertonx16xe

15th Jul 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh sound that's what I'm after , just cant wait till its on the road , and no worries mate it's nice to see something different than the usual speedline allesio's

New Poll