corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery Relocation - what set-up, cable guage, bulkhead distribution blocks.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery Relocation - what set-up, cable guage, bulkhead distribution blocks.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 13 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, im looking to relocate my battery to the boot of my car. I've heard of people using the E36 battery cables etc. but also seen a few posts of people mocking up there own kit. what size cables did you use? where did you fuse them? using what fuse.
I'd like to see what set-ups you've used, pictures would be great.

i can run cables through the car and move the battery easily, i want to see how you've connected the cables in the engine bay to the ones in the car, im assuming youve used a distribution block on the bulk head.

also when it comes to jump starting the car can i have terminals in the bay or do i have to jump it on the battery in the boot? bearing in mind the battery will be going in the spare wheel well below my boot build and audio set-up

[Edited on 22-09-2013 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
gazza808

22nd Sep 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally,
Cut the clamp off the positive wire in the bay, (irc it's been awhile)
Crimped a terminal on to it, used a junction box/joiner, then ran 25mm2 through the car, just when through the bulkhead with a grommet, then just earthed battery in the boot with same size cable, don't understand why people run a separate earth back it's not needed.

[Edited on 22-09-2013 by gazza808]
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Sep 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Single 25mm2 posi through the car, fused in the boot. Join that to the posi in the bay.

Earth the earth in the bay.

Earth the battery in the boot.

Doesn't really matter what connectors or where to so long as they can handle the current.

You can jump in the bay, no problem so long as the current draw is available.

New Poll