corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16xe oil on spark plugs and smokey

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16xe oil on spark plugs and smokey
Alexgray

User status: Offline
15th Jan 14 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my x16xe back from a full engine rebuild, the car smoked abit when I picked it up and I thort it was because it had been rebuilt, I also have a problem with starting the car when warm it seems to bog out and die, the garage told me it was because I have a vx inlet and it's sucking too much air and it needs a remap, but I've never had this problem before.. Back to the smokey car, I done an oil change on the car this morning, I changed spark plugs, oil, filter , and put some redex stop smoke in it, but now the cars oil light has came on and it's tapping, any ideas ??
Alexgray

15th Jan 14 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The spark plugs were also black and every one had a fair bit of oil on them :/
jasonk-2009

15th Jan 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

valve stem seals, piston rings or headgasket.do a compression test. if read out is higher when you do a wet test. more than likely worn rings. if stays the same valves / head gasket. compression tester is about £20 off eBay and imo is your best place to start.
jasonk-2009

15th Jan 14 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if oil is on the top of your plugs will be rocker cover gasket but sounds unlikely given your other symptoms. good luck
Aidan-Fleming

15th Jan 14 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go back to the garage for a start!! If they did a full rebuild the rings and seals should of been done and defo not of smoked when you picked it up
corsajay88

15th Jan 14 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aidan-Fleming
Go back to the garage for a start!! If they did a full rebuild the rings and seals should of been done and defo not of smoked when you picked it up

This.
Alexgray

17th Jan 14 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's in the garage now guys air leak has been found and sorted, and oil pressure and tapping is all sorted , just trying to find the smokey problem and the oil on spark plugs they have told me the rocker cover that's on there isn't level and oil is leaking from rocker, but I have about 3 other rocker covers I can get painted and put on, thanks for the advise guys 👌
jay.jay

17th Jan 14 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they say what was causing the problem with the oil pressure and the tapping?
Alexgray

17th Jan 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they have said the oil pressure and tapping was due to the pick up bit being blocked, aparently it's a common fault with them
Generation

17th Jan 14 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common fault is pick up being blocked? Wtf?

What was included in this full rebuild"
johnhara1

17th Jan 14 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't sound like this engine has been 'rebuilt' at all.

what exactly did you pay the garage to do to your car?
Aidan-Fleming

19th Jan 14 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate you need some serious proof of rebuild as this doesn't sound like it's been Ruilt at all!

New Poll