corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Mixer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mixer
MJFF88

User status: Offline
21st Feb 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-802-Input-Bus-Mixer/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392898839&sr=8-3&keywords=microphone+mixer

Easy question, how would I plug this into my PC/laptop to pick up mic input?
Dom

21st Feb 14 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're using the headphone/lineout from your PC/Laptop then use a stereo 3.5mm jack to mono jack cable (like THIS) and use the stereo channels on the mixer (3/4 or 5/6).

Otherwise if you're using a decent audio interface then usually you're presented with channels on separate outputs, in which case you link individual channels to stereo buses within your interface control panel/DAW and then patch accordingly to your mixer using balanced or unbalanced XLRS or Jack cables.

[Edited on 21-02-2014 by Dom]
MJFF88

21st Feb 14 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I plug in my XLR microphones into 1 & 2 then plug the cable you linked into the 3/4.

Then on either Audacity/SAM (Whichever I'm using at the time) I simply select it like I would any other sound device?

[Edited on 21-02-2014 by MJFF88]
Dom

21st Feb 14 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
So I plug in my XLR microphones into 1 & 2 then plug the cable you linked into the 3/4.

Then on either Audacity/SAM (Whichever I'm using at the time) I simply select it like I would any other sound device?

Apologies, completely misread what you wrote.

Connect your XLR Mic (using XLR cable) to input 1 or 2, then use the 'Main Outs' (the control room outputs will usually disconnect if you use the headphone out for monitoring whilst recording etc), along with the cable i posted above, to connect to the mic/line input (assuming your not using an audio interface rather a soundcard) on your PC or Laptop.

Then within your DAW (Audacity etc), select your soundcard and the line/mic input - adjust gains accordingly (start at the mixer, work back).

You'll find you will get latency issues if using MME or Directsound drivers and ideally, you want to use ASIO drivers where ever possible. If your soundcard doesn't support ASIO drivers then try ASIO4ALL which essentially emulates ASIO drivers - you might get mixed results but it's worth trying for a 5 minute download.
jacko198

22nd Feb 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you wanting to use it for? Might be better alternatives for you
Dom

22nd Feb 14 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
What are you wanting to use it for? Might be better alternatives for you

Sounds like MJFF88 just wants to use mic; agree that an interface with a reasonably preamp would be a better option (can get MK1 Mbox's off eBay for £5-10).
jacko198

23rd Feb 14 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep exactly what I was thinking

New Poll