corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need help on a boot install

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need help on a boot install
bassy

User status: Offline
   24th Jun 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ive got 2 12" subs and ive also got got 2 6x9's and i need a boot install but i aint got a clue how to make 1 or wot to build 1 like,ne 1 got ne hints or anyfin???
corb

24th Jun 03 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MDF
Ben
Banned

24th Jun 03 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find the correct size of box , and is it ported or not , and just make the box to the correct size and re-model ur shape around that. hope that helps and there is like a million posts about this topic so just search 4 em!
CopyWrite

25th Jun 03 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first of all strip the car n sound deaden everything
fasten ur number plate on tightly and put a 2 inch layer of concrete around the inside of the whole car (no just jokin about that bit)
as Ben said, it's best to construct ur boot build around the correct size boxes.
although a sub box can be any shape but it still has to be the right volume.
It all depends what design you wanna go for...make sketches or something.
first I'd construct a false floor and map where to put things on it (if it has another floor over it bare in mind it'll need coolin fans and hot air distrubution fans, perspex, maybe neons.) look around at other ppls installs, make friends with ppl who have done this sort of stuff b4 as that always helps.

personally myself I just layed some S-D here n there, checked my subs in my boot, nailed my amps to the back seats n called it aday.

[Edited on 25-06-2003 by CopyWrite]

New Poll