corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe question.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe question.
jon-valver

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 10 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do not want to change it on my logbook ect. so what happens wen it comes to mot time? jus wundad lol
scottyp1989

3rd Aug 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your ok if you know a friendly tester
Terry12

4th Aug 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you want to change it?
Are you insuring it as a 2.0?
You do realise you're breaking the law not declaring the engine change?
jon-valver

4th Aug 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know. i just wundered what will happen wen it comes to mot... ect
Terry12

5th Aug 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you're going to run an un-declared engine conversion and your only concern is the MOT.
If you can't afford to legally increase the performance of your car then save your pennies until you can afford it.
Limecat
Banned

5th Aug 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends on the age of the car and the age of the engine, the log book isn't relevant but I would echo Terry's points.

The only time it is defendable, is if the transplant is declared to the insurers but not on the log book as it doesn't change the tax banding, for example, going from a C16XE to a C20XE would cost you exactly the same to tax, so you are not commiting tax evasion and you have declared it to the insurers.
Terry12

5th Aug 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
It depends on the age of the car and the age of the engine, the log book isn't relevant but I would echo Terry's points.

The only time it is defendable, is if the transplant is declared to the insurers but not on the log book as it doesn't change the tax banding, for example, going from a C16XE to a C20XE would cost you exactly the same to tax, so you are not commiting tax evasion and you have declared it to the insurers.

I highly doubt the old bill or DVLA would be impressed with you driviong round with a non declared engine transplant, They get their knickers in a twist if you don't let them know of a change of address.

The thing you have to ask is if he is going to insure it correctly then what is the issue with letting DVLA know?
It's seems obvious to me that he won't declare to keep his insurance costs down.
Limecat
Banned

5th Aug 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree.

I believe things have changed as well in the last few years and the DVLA have made it a LOT harder for people to declare a change, in the past I just completed a log book and posted it off.

I have heard you can't do that anymore unless it is taxed? Daft thing being you have to post the tax disc for the 'previous' engine along with the logbook, await on getting the logbook back along with a refund for the tax disc and you can then tax it as the right one!?! It is possible to drive to a central 'office' and do it on the day but apparently my nearest is in the city centre? It would be a pain in the arse if it's your only car.

^^^That's just what I was told by someone who tried to declare their conversion, a lot of letters went back and forth, in the end they left it declared as the previous one but just told the insurers IIRC?
jon-valver

6th Aug 10 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ile be honest, i was gonna du it to keep insurance down and i KNOW its bad ect ect. so please dont go on at me lol...
but was just wundering how evry1 got it mot'd. ect with it still being 1.6 on logbook for emmisions ect.
Kieran
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find your self a helpful gypsy.
jon-valver

6th Aug 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOLkk
Limecat
Banned

6th Aug 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jon-valver
well ile be honest, i was gonna du it to keep insurance down and i KNOW its bad ect ect. so please dont go on at me lol...
but was just wundering how evry1 got it mot'd. ect with it still being 1.6 on logbook for emmisions ect.

The cc has NOTHING to do with the MOT. Depending on the age of the car/engine determines if you need to pass a CAT emissions test or not?

You are a fool if you don't declare it. I have posted this many times but I was in an accident in my old engine converted car and the claimant got £100k from my insurers, if I hadn't have had everything declared, even down to shaved locks, my life would have been over financially. Don't be stupid enough to think it won't happen to you, no-one plans to crash their car, that's why they are called accidents!
jon-valver

6th Aug 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok..
well ile declare it then mate. how much is insurance likley to go up by? im paying 1500 atm for a 1.6 sport
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as it can pass the emissions for a 1.6 they wont be bothered what engines in it
Mark B

6th Aug 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let.... whats shaved locks??
Limecat
Banned

6th Aug 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark B

The locks removed, welded and filled on a metal door like a Nova, it's harder to do than on a Corsa where you just swap the handles.

Terry12

6th Aug 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Serious question?
It means door locks removed and the holes smoothed over.
Mark B

6th Aug 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
quote:

Serious question?
It means door locks removed and the holes smoothed over.

Aye have never heard it......mate of mine done it got the hole soldered or sum shite and filled down
AshWatson

6th Aug 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunt worry about it jon
i 100% agree with terrys points hes not having ago at u just looking out as such, your just curious
end of the day how many people are there out there with diff engines undeclared ?
fukin loads lol
tigra-tb

6th Aug 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate crack on with what your doing if it is you ever have an accident you wont get paid out eitherway they will ALWAYS find a reason to avoid paying up, if you can stop them having your pants down on insurance then why not they do it to peole all over the country!!
Terry12

6th Aug 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tigra-tb
mate crack on with what your doing if it is you ever have an accident you wont get paid out eitherway they will ALWAYS find a reason to avoid paying up, if you can stop them having your pants down on insurance then why not they do it to peole all over the country!!

Idiot.
tigra-tb

6th Aug 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol sock cucker
Terry12

6th Aug 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tigra-tb
lol sock cucker

Thanks for proving my point
tigra-tb

6th Aug 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol dumb fool its better than putting the full word on a non restricted website.
Terry12

6th Aug 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it's much better to encourage somebody to drive an XE Corsa as a 1.6 than call somebody a cock sucker.

It's people like you that put my insurance up. If you can't afford to insure it correctly then don't do it.

I had to pay over £2k to insure my XE Astra GSi at 19.

[Edited on 06-08-2010 by Terry12]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll