corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D Correction

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D Correction
-Mat-

User status: Offline
28th Dec 10 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apologies if in the wrong section, but I can't seem to see a Detailing specific forum... Anyway, I thought I'd share this that I did a little over 12months ago

Ok then, you may remember this Corsa that I did a few month back (Click here). It's my mate Corsa D, and he wanted it looking "smarter" ready for Trax this coming Sunday. So a "Minor Correction and Protection" was just what the doctor ordered.

So yesterday, I met him at about 8:30 and got cracking, ready for some correction.... So less chatting (or typing), and let's get on with the pictures...

On Arrival:

Not too bad.... As usual, started with the wheels and tyres. Nothing major as they are going to be resparyed this Wednesday...

Before:

During:

Soaking in Verry Cherry. Cleaned with Megs Gold Class brush and also a small Vikan brush. Tyres dones with an all purpose "scrubbing" brush

After:

The car was given a thick coating of foam, and left to dwell for a few minutes, whilst we filled the buckets.

The car was then rinsed. All gaps, tight areas etc were cleaned using a swissvax brush, and surfex HD at 5-10%. The car was then washed using 2BM, Dodo Juice BTBM, and nice soft lambswool mitt. Rinsed once again, and the bumper treated with some Tardis to remove some dead flies (not too bad TBH), and after another thorough rinsing, it was clayed using BH Auto Clay, and lots of water as lube.

Leaving this:

Dried using Rubbish Boys plush drying towel, and then taped up ready for the polishing stage.

So, lets break out the lamp and check the condition. I knew it would be bad as I usually see him around town, and can see the swirls from my headlights/street lights...

As usual, I started on a soft pad, and a "soft" polish. I throught I'd try the Rubbish Boys orange pad (thought red would be too soft). Much softer than my softest Menz pad. Also decided to go for Uno. The combo worked rather well

50/50 of the bonnet

Bonnet done

Noticed some folk have pictures of themselves "workin". JimW comes to mind, and Gleaming Kleen IIRC. So I thought I'd get Dom (the owner) to take some of me

Me "in action"

Drivers Door

Before:

50/50:

After:

Let's get the lamp out for a few more

Finished just in time. Started to rain EVER so slightly. I wouldn't stop

Usually, I dust the car with a Lambswool duster, but I had some foam left, and let Dom have a play

Rinsed

Dom cleaning the exhaust using some AutoSol

The car was then waxed using Colly 476s. Windows cleaned with Mark V Window Sheen. Rubbers and plastics done with AS High Style. Tyres and wheels were left due to getting re-sprayed on wednesday. Think that that's about it

And some final pictures:

Thanks for reading

C&C as always

Mat

:thumb:
John

28th Dec 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot better than it was to begin with but looks like the paint is still a mess, just shinier now.
-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean "still a mess"?

This was done a long time ago, the pictures were taken on my phone IIRC, and I'd only had a little experience in full correction.... Since then I've produced results like this

Mk1 Golf Cab

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra

Mini Cooper

[Edited on 28-12-2010 by -mat-]
John

28th Dec 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This picture for example, the paint is still all swirls, just shinier now.

-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I see what you mean.... As said, when I did this I was still in my "gaining experience" stage....

The car was my mates, and I had limited time to do it, and not PTG. So I did as much as possible in the time given, and had saftey in mind. My mate was happy with the results, and knew it wouldn't be a "full" correction....

I guess you could call it more of an "enhancement correction"
Rich H

28th Dec 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't go down massively well with members when you just pop up to post promotional work (bar one post in help section anyway!)
-Mat-

28th Dec 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair comment....

However, I aint here "looking" for work TBH. Just thought whilst I'm here, I'd post up some detailing related stuff.....

I only do it part time, and 2011 my focus is on Sports and Luxury cars.... (no offence intended to anyone)
AlunJ

28th Dec 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
It won't go down massively well with members when you just pop up to post promotional work (bar one post in help section anyway!)

wouldn't want competition eh rich
RS6

28th Dec 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good i believe rich h does this kind of work?
Rich H

29th Dec 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

wouldn't want competition eh rich

I have done / do still use the forum as it was intended for too though! And again I don't do it for promotion as such, more so because a few of you on here seem to like to have a gander
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Dec 10 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks better i would love to do stuff like this

whos is the ibiza is it a cupra?

April 08 feature car
kennySRi

29th Dec 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by -mat-
fair comment....

However, I aint here "looking" for work TBH. Just thought whilst I'm here, I'd post up some detailing related stuff.....

I only do it part time, and 2011 my focus is on Sports and Luxury cars.... (no offence intended to anyone)

Im sure you did mean to offend then

Before i read the replies i wasnt keen on the paintwork quality, i thought at first that it was just your own car and not that you did it for a part time job. Looks better but still nowhere near perfect.
antnee

29th Dec 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
looks better i would love to do stuff like this

whos is the ibiza is it a cupra?

Looks blue to me, so it will be Andy who runs IbizaOC
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Dec 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no in the corsa pics there is a silver ibiza

April 08 feature car
antnee

29th Dec 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats Mat's
-Mat-

29th Dec 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as ant said, the blue one is Andy (IOC Owner), and the silver one is mine.... Both are Cupras
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Dec 10 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by -mat-
as ant said, the blue one is Andy (IOC Owner), and the silver one is mine.... Both are Cupras

any pics of them?

April 08 feature car
-Mat-

29th Dec 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on our lasses mobile broadband which is really slow, so here's a couple of links to them

My Ibiza

Full 1 Week long detail almost 2 years ago
http://www.aspiretodetail.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=27

A Enhancement detail at the start of this year before GTi Spring Fest
http://www.aspiretodetail.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=27

Andys Cupra
http://www.aspiretodetail.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=27

Mine has had a few changes since these details. Different colour brakes etc (I had Jelly Bean Wheels for a while), colour coded bump strips now, smoothed a rear quarter join line, smoothed side skirts etc etc...

I'll post some up-to-date pictures tomorrow
BarnshaW

29th Dec 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

serious question, how does it take 3 days to clean wheels, interior and an engine?
-Mat-

29th Dec 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm..... I took my time... TBH, it was about 6hrs on each of those items... Done the interior on mine again this year, seats out, doorcards off etc... Did the same to my mothers Punto (here - http://www.aspiretodetail.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=27)... Probably spent about 5-6 hours doin that too....

The key to a good looking car, and a great finish is time, and not to rush
BarnshaW

29th Dec 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you need to take seats out to clean them or the doorcards?
Joe

29th Dec 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like fuck I'd be taking the door cards off peoples cars. Bad enough taking them off, breaking every shitty little clip there and trying to make them look like they fit properly again.
-Mat-

29th Dec 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a skin condition called psoriasis, so it was easy to get down the side (between seat and handb
-Mat-

29th Dec 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a skin condition called psoriasis, so it was easy to get down the side (between seat and handbrake)... Similar reason for my mums punto, except that that wasn't psoriasis, but sand (which you can see in the link)....
BarnshaW

29th Dec 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems like alot of work just to do that, cant you buy a hoover with a thin extension on to get down those gaps, thats what i have its like a 1cm tube thing and gets right in the gaps just fine

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D Correction 23 database queries in 0.0808249 seconds