corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa A rebuild thread...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa A rebuild thread...
Pistol Pete

User status: Offline
1st Jun 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all.

Used to be on CS many years ago (Pete_58). Got pointed back to here as some pics of my car at Castle Combe were posted.

Seemed to be some interest, so i thought i would post some pics from my WIP thread that i have over on www.png.co.uk/forum

Started life as a 1.4 SRi. Used to owned my a Novaload user, Freak. I kept the car pretty much as i bought it, fitted a backbox and meshed the front grill, painted the alloys. Used it in this state for a while, did a few sessions round Castle Combe, great fun!! I then got bored so took it off the road with the intention of building a C20XE to put in it and got abit carried away...

How it looked when i bought it.

I had the wheels painted, added some side reps and that was about it.

The strip down starts!! Out with the old C14SE (which was a bloody good engine, made my mate in his saxo vtr look silly. Not hard to do i hear you say!)

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was alot of rust/rot within my engine bay, so first port of call was to remove the front panel and crossmember (what fun!!) and replace it. I also cut out the rust from the inner wings and pplated them up.

front panel off.

Rot on the inner wings. This was all cut out and plated.

I constructed a chassis stand, so as the car could be moved. I had removed all running gear.

Front crossmember removed. I braced between the engine mounts and fitted a strut brace. This was more a precaution than anything.

I then set about grinding back all surfaces that needed welding. This included areas for the Harry Hockley plate kit.

My good mate Stu doing the welding. He works in a bodyshop, so his expertise were welcomed at this stage of the rebuild.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bulkhead was also seam welded.

Once the cross member was welded and the engine bay was seam welded, i gave it a ll a good coat of primer. This rebuild was done in stages so didnt want rust to set in a ruin all my (our!!) hardwork.

The front panel was then fitted and a trial fitment of the wings. They turned out to be crap! Pattern wings!

I then bought myself a compressor and painted the engine bay to colour code it all!

Nothing missed out on a lick of paint. The upper members, inner wings, wheel housings, the lot!

The underneath of the car didnt go un-noticed! It probably will when it hits the road though Will have to construct some special mirrors!

Firstly is attached a wire brush attachment to my angle grinder a cleaned it all up. Wasnt fussed about the removal of the underseal.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All fixtures and fittings were removed, then it all got a coat of primer. What a labour of love!

Then i painted it all to match the rest!

Couldnt just slap my rusty rear beam back on so...

...and some repainted shocks and springs.

mmmm, freshly painted lovliness!!
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I then set about getting the car ready for the paint shop.

Took out all the windows, windscreen (which cracked!) lights etc. Borrowed a mates electric DA and went for it!! Took no time at all to rub down. Will give it a final DA before it goes for paint.

Stupid really but looking back throughthis thread, doesnt look as thoughi have done an awful lot in the last 3, nearly 4 years!!! Trouble is i have never "just got on with it"!! Not long after i started the rebuild me and my g/f moved in together and that took up all my spare time and of couse, money:roll: .

I also got slightly sidetracked with my daily runners! Firstly had a Renault 19 16v, tidied that up swapped it for an E30 BMW 325, sold that bought a Cav GSi, tidied that up then sold it bought a Cally 16v off Ernie, tidied that up sold it.... you get the idea! Trouble is any money or time i had got took up with this! I then decided to buy a house with my g/f (even less money to do the Nova!) and do my bike test, something i had wanted to do for years. Which kind of brings us up to date! Passed my test august last year, was making some progress on the Nova. This summer was looking to get it painted and maybe engine in. But it was not to be...

Firstly my mum and dads garage caught fire, the Nova and all my tools, parts etc were in there not to mention my dads tools. This is what i was presented with...

Luckily (well not really!) the fire was mainly in the roof. The car escaped bar some smoke damage. Trouble is all my interior, lights, engine parts etc were in the roof and subseqently got either melted of smoke damaged I know from the pic it doesnt look bad but it was. The whole roof had to be replaced as all the joists wre charcoal, what the fire didnt destroy the smoke did! My bumpers were just a plastic shape! My doorcards were, well, charcoal.

...But thanks to Lee H off here i managed to replace the majority of lost parts. So i intended to commence the rebuild throughout the summer, but...

I crashed my bike in June this year. Seriously! I hit a tractor whilst overtaking a car and the tractor. It turned right and i connected with it! A 2 week stay in hospital and multiple injuries (of which im still off work now!) hence why the rebuild will have to wait til after xmas at least

But im going to get it finished. I want to "do" the Nurburgring before im 30! I was 26 last week so ive got time!!

Sorry for blabbing, on ill get back to posting pics up!.....
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a mates Astra GTE16v for not alot of money. I kept the engine and gearbox plus a few other bits and broke the rest for spares.

I then set about stripping the engine, ready for a rebuild...

Was good fun but turned out to be a pointless excercise as there was a nasty lip around the top of the block liners. I would have to either have it re sleeved or over bored which would cost money. Money i didnt really have. Luckily, Chip form MIG, had a short engine for sale so i snapped it up! I then bought a coscast head of Bert, had this breathed on by Gary from MIG, and my engine was coming together.

The "workshop" i.e my parents garage!

My interior. This lived after the fire as i left it in the car. Front seats were done when i bought the car, my mum finished the rear seats. I now have a GSi dash and door cards (cheers Lee H) to complete my interior.

Not many up to date pics as not alot has been done as of late. Will update soon as im up and about.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much done lately. Just been aquiring parts.

Set of rear pop out windows
Blue XE Nova Samco hoses
Blue alloy single v bottom pulley
Polished rocker cover
Alloy header tank
Cool running stat

My first bit of work will be to remove the spare wheel well and weld it up with my new mig welder. Not before testing my skills on scrap first! I also need to go up north to Huddersfield and collect my dash, wings, headlights, etc (cheers Lee H) after my stuff got burnt in the fire ! Then finish the engine off so it can be dropped in after paint.

I can then complete the prep for paint then off to the bodyshop!!

All this will probably be december time, still not back to work or 100% fitness after my bike accident.

Ok, so the postman has been good to me the last few weeks. Got my polished rocker, some stainless bolts and a load of other nice bits. See page 2! Went to my mums today and made a start on getting my engine nearly finished.

I started by modding my rocker cover, to do the breather mod. Probably not the way most have done it, but i have spares if it all goes wrong!

This was the bit i was left with. Sanded down the rough edges and..

..bolted it in.

I then fitted the new rubber gasket and bolted it down with my collection of stainless bolts.

I also fitted my alloy crank pulley, cool running stat, my tidied up dizzy, and dipstick holder along with one of my blue samco hoses. Rust on flywheel, water damage after the fire :roll: will be cleaned off.

Mmmmm, shiney! Spark plug cover will have polished letters and be painted blue.

The shell as it sits now...

..it has got the rat look, not on purpose i must add. Water plus fire/smoke damage

Thats all for this week. Need to get a few more tidy up tools then will commence engine tart up next week.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok...been awhile since i have done any work or updating so...

Engine is now pretty much finished. Inlet manifold is on, brackets, dipstick etc...

So have been sorting the shell ready for the bodyshop to paint it next month fingers crossed!! Today i butchered the rear n/s arch (i am no expert welder or bodywork artist, but am on a budget and sometimes this is the best way to learn. Alsothe sideskirt will cover any imperfections lol lol)

Once cut out, found i had abit of rot in the inner arch aswell so sorte this, not a bad job if i do say so myself..

Then tacked in the repair piece..

Then welded it up and ground it back..

I then slopped some primer on it for now. Will give it a skim of filler before it goes for paint. Hoping to get alot more done in the next week or so. Will updated and upload pics as i do..

Did abit more today, but wasnt a good day :roll: lol

Started on sorting my front end out. Wanted to have a mock fit up. Wish i hadnt bothered, it looked shocking!

Holes appear to be in the wrong place for fitment of headlights and indicators.

Gap between the door is shocking and uneven. Where the wing meets the top of the A post is massive aswell.

Looking at the above pic it doesnt look bad but in the flesh it is awful I have put a thread in styling to ask some of you fellow mk2 owners to measure your cars and help me out lol PLEASE!! I work with new cars so fit and finish stands out a mile to me and i am also a fussy git when it comes to panel gaps!! Thread here..\/

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1109215#post1109215

I then cut these in my B post..

/\ These were not with out there problems either...cut the too big so some modifying was in order!! Everything now fits as it should.

Made a start on fitting the clips for my side skirts aswell but didnt get very far. Will get more next week. Going to try and keep some sort of momentum going now to get it finished before i go back to work in June.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So did abit more tinkering in the garage today...

Finished taking out my sunroof as the masking tape has gone all nasty after it got damp in the garage fire last year...

Horrible sticky residue all around the rubber/furry edge.
Started to clean it but then got bored!

Welded the hole up in my rear panel where the wires for the number plate light would have exit. Dont need this anymore. Lights will be else where.

Gave it a skim of filer then primed it. Wasnt too fussed about how it looked as it will be painted and the bumper will cover it.

I then welded up the holes in my wings and fillered them. Also cleaned the insides as i will slap some hammerite on them before fitting.

First skim..

Second skim..the lads at the bodyshop will finish these off to get them perfect. My bodywork skills are limited.

I then finished smoothing my grab rail..

Filler primed. Will wet flat when dryed.

I then trimmed (read hacked and bashed fook out of!) my headlight panel as this was the cause of my poor fitment of wings.

They now fit pretty much as Vauxhall intended!

That was about all for today. Then pushed it back in its bed. The silver thing is my cover, which ironically was purchased after the fire!! My seats are going to need a good clean!

Went and did some more work today.

Sorted the rot on my n/s inner arch..

Made some cardboard templates, then cut out metal. Found it easier to do it in 3 sections.

And another small plate in the top of the arch. I then cleaned it all up slapped some sealer in there and primer.

Once the dealer has skinned off i will trim the lumpy bumpy bits. Yeah doesnt look pretty but once it is painted and the wheels are on and it is slammed on its nice new GAZ coilovers who will see!!!

I then put a skim of filler where i had patched the outer arch. Left this till last because of the heat from welding the inner arch. Will tidy this up next week.

I then flatted and re primed my boot grab rail. Happy with it now.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today was STOP...Hammer and Hammerite time!!! lol

Started sorting my wings...Hammerited the insides, more for protection than to look pretty.

Baking in the sun after 2 coats..

I also touched up both upper members and the front panel after butchering it to get the wings fitted.

Whilst this was drying i fitted my drivers side mount plate to the block (cheers Ernie!)

I also fitted my fancy nancy strut brace...

...which looking at it, i reckon will be a tight fit once my XE is in??!!

I then set about playing with my nice new GAZ coilovers....

..Coilover time.

Started fiddling with the fronts to get the mounts sorted..

Fitted correctly? I have left this part off...

I then sorted the rears. This meant Hammertime lol

Take one coilover..

A selection of hammers and knocking tool..

I did both sides. Scrapped off the sealer as this was just bouncing and preventing me from making the room needed.

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I then fitted the rears to check for clearance...and it was all gooood!

It probably looks closer because of the shadows. I jacked up the beam and checked again.

I then removed the coilovers, dropped the beam and rubbed down the newly modded areas and more Hammerite was applied...

Also painted my repaired rear inner arch..

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update...bodyshop prep continues. Almost finished TBH. Last few pin holes to put some stopper in, scotch it all over and blow it off then trailer it to the paint shop. Fingers crossed next month it will have some paint.

Pics..

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today i went over and did abit of tinkering. Nothing major..

Mirrors now fot both doors fine. Just need to make some base plates up. Tempted to do this in CF sheet.

Then broke out the welder and welded the tie bar mounts. Probably make no difference whatsoever but meh!

And lastly....i think this speaks for itself! Chuffed to have aquired these. Off to the painters then to the polishers...

Small update. Been doing the last few jobs ready for paint. Which is finally happening next friday! Woohoo cant wait.

Was abit peed as i had a chat with the paint shop dudes and when i told them the the engine bay was in Hammerite, they did the old sucking air through their teeth!!! It will react and cause pickleing witht eh primer...Nightmare. I had to get busy with the thinners and a wire brush... not good after all the time i spent preping and painting it. BUT i should have checked first i guess. Ah well, lesson learnt there..

Pics..

One de Hammerited engine bay! Was abit paranoid about it reacting still so...

Bought a 1L tin of Barcoat Isolator and fired up the compressor!! This is a sealer that will stop any reactions. Naff colour but it is only a sealer after all!I also made a bar for the front. Bolted it to the bumper bars. Dont fancy greasy hands all over my fresh paint so this can be used for pushing and pulling.

Prepped up the little bits for paint aswell..

I then started priming the suspension bits that were not fitted to the car. I will do everything else once the garage is empty..

Thats about were i am right now. Next update should be a painted shell. Thats where the fun starts i guess!! Bring it on.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piiiiiics...

Picked the shell up late yesterday afternoon. The other bits (grill, mirrors, door handles etc) i will collect today. So happy with it. Being a fussy ****er (and as part of my job i have to be able to spot deforms/blemishes/etc) there are 1 or 2 little things but on the whole just chuffed to have it back and painted. Now the real fun begins!!!

Big thanks to the boys at M4 Bodyshop!!

The other bits...

Update time. Nowt major, but have started getting random bits back on. Makes it seem like progress seeing bits and pieces on the shell!!!

Pics..

Servo all cleaned/painted

Brake bar cover got the same treatment..

Engine bay starting to look like an engine bay! An XE will look ace. It will be fitted soon enough!

Then got under the car and got fuel lines, fuel tank and gear rod assembly bolted in.

Engine tart up, stage 2 lol. Powercap was blue, but done in Hammerite and against the plug cover was obviously a different shade. So i rubbed it down and painted it silver. Then masked up the plug cover and sanded off the paint, chuffed with the results!

Cant wait to get this bolted in. Fingers crossed will be in the next few weeks.
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steering rack all cleaned/painted and fitted with new bushes.

Hub carriers all cleaned/painted..

New bearings and machined Astra GTE 16v hubs fitted..

Lower arms, tie rods and brackets got the treatment aswell..

Then slapped on my new coliovers..

Got abit bored so polished up my header tanks and fitted it..

Thats it really. Car is now back up on axle stands. Sorting out my rear beam at the mo. Got new bearings, discs/hubs, shoes and pads to be fitted.

Soon as that is done, back rolling loom can be done and engine in!!! Woohoo!

Minor update. As the evenings have been good, and the misses is away with work in the week, i have been doing abit after work.

Sorted my F20. Yes it is a clean one, but i can assure you it did NOT look like this a while back!! Been sat behind my parents shed since i took the engine out of the donor Astra GTE!!!! Thats a fair few years of grime to shift!! Gave it a minor rebuild. New gaskets, oil seals and a general check over. Vauxhall wanted nearly £15 for each gasket, ebay wanted £5.99 for 6 sheets of A4 gasket paper...hmmm ok then! DIY FTW! Gave the clutch arm a lick of paint aswell.

Stripped down the linkage, cleaned and regreased. Mount got a lick of paint aswell.

Sorted my brakes aswell. Cleaned them and painted them, new pads aswell.

Built them up and fitted them along with my Goodridge hoses.

Rears got the same treatment. Will finish them in the week.

New bearings, hubs/discs aswell..

Brake lines are now on the car. Not quite finished, but wont take long.

Got a few more bits fitted aswell, after raping my mates old shell!! See the FS section for goodies that are FS!!! Shameless plug!

Heater motor, wpier jets and wiper linkage..

Gave my wiper motor a lick of paint..

Thats it really. Hopefully the next update will show the engine sat in the bay!!
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few pics of what i have been doing. All the brake lines are done. Just need some fluid and bleeding. All cables are in the bay ready. Engine is ready. Just need a weekend to get it in. This will be a week saturday. Once this is in, i can seriously crack on!

Rear calipers and discs all built up and fitted.

Handbrake cables and springs all sorted. Handbrake works a treat.

Lines all sorted. Chuffed with these.

Exhaust all polished up. It was black with soot after the fire. Came up good. The centre section got the same treatment and fitted to the car.

Single V pulley. Fitted to the engine. Along with a new alternator. Will get some pics of the engine this week. The last of my hoses arrived from Roose last week, so will get them fitted along with the loom and then i can drop the engine in.

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine finally went in today..And i just want to get one thing clear. I know alot of you go "in from the top" i dont give a toss...its my car so i did it how i wanted! Hmm..kay!

Empty bay awaiting Vauxhalls finest XE...

Finishing touches added to the engine. Hoses, loom etc.

Then the fun task of getting the engine off the stand!! Cue some chocking with wood and abit of panicing..on my part!

But no need...

Engine sat on the floor.

Gearbox on, and all ready to go.

Firstly had to get the car high enough..

higher still lol

Then slide one engine in and prepare for lift..

After some strong man attempts and some swearing it went in! Not a scratch either..well 1 but not major or seen, so happy!

All in. Mounts tight, shafts in, wheels on.

My third pair of hands having a fag break..WTF..crack on! lol

I can now really crack on! Ignore the strip type stance coilovers are just chucked on. Not setup. Yet.

Small update. My mate Rich came over again today to help with the wiring loom side of things. Got a fair bit done. Really chuffed now, can see light at the end of the tunnel!

The old loom coming out. The car was originally a SRi. These have intergrated looms so can be a PITA ti wire in. So i got a loom from pov spec Nova to make life easier.

Seats out to get under the carpets. Rich hard at work!

New loom laid out and checked.

I also had a play with my coilovers. Looking low and mean. Can still go lower too!!!

Not much clearance!!!

Really pleased with the progress in the last 2-3 weeks. I have 2 weeks off work starting friday. Fingers crossed i can get the exhaust finished, water hoses on, brakes bled and a few other jobs. Then get the loom finished and turn the key and hear it purr!!! Like a kid at christmas!!! Cant wait!
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a major update..

My 2 week shutdown started on the 26th July. Great i thought 2 weeks on Nova time. WRONG!! Had a major DIY session all of last week so only got a few jobs done this week!

Got the exhaust manifold sorted..

Standard XE manifold doesnt line up with my Magnex. So, i had to mod it to fit.

So after cutting, grinding, swearing, cutting etc....

....i was left with this. Quite chuffed with it really. Welding doesnt look great, but once it was all ground back, looked fine.

New position for lambda.

Sealed it best i could na dfired some air in via the compressor to check for leaks. None! Woohoo!

I then painted with BBQ paint and wrapped it.

I then fitted it. Pleased to report it all fits ok! Will get a pic tomorrow.

Also sorted my air filter and intake hose. Sorted my fuel lines. And a few other little jobs.

All i need to sort now is, coolant hoses (on order from Roose) put some engien oil/gearbox oil in and bleed the brakes. My mate Rich needs to finish the wiring, then a serious milestone of starting it!! The end is in sight!

Video. Taken on my iphone BTW. Steam/smoke is my exhasut heat wrap! I wetted it, this was the first time it had heat through it lol

Good ol' GM tappets...

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a set back today. After getting the engine running, it was very lumpy. Changed a few of the known problem sensors, dizzy, arm etc...still no good.

Thought maybe it needed a good run to sort the lifters out. Tried again today, would not fire at all. Check the compression...no compression on no3 cylinder. Took the cam cover off, the lifter on the inlet side would move freely up and down under the cam lobe. Oh dear...

Camshaft off, lifter out, wobbly spring....broken valve. ****ing gutted TBH.

Took the head off, luckily the valve stayed in the collet and didnt drop into the cylinder. Its marked the piston but i can get away with that. Will sort parts and rebuild this week.

Pics in a mo..

My dad is sorting the parts for me tomorrow, as i wont get a chance to get them before the weekend. Sooner i get the parts sooner it gets rebuilt!

Broken bits..

Mark on the top of the piston. Can get away with that, thankfully!!

Strip down

Prior to this i sent my injectors away to be cleaned/rebuilt..

Old seals and other parts that got changed..

Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did some mincing today..

Pics of my Manta mirrors and CF base plates.

Engine bay. Sorted a few oil weeps.

Started sorting interior parts. 8 ball gearknob (not everyones taste no doubt!) and a Momo wheel and boss.

Still waiting for mother to finish my roof lining. Once thats done i can really crack on and get the outside sorted.

Bumpers and skirts are being tarted up right now. And wheels (not the Porsche ones. They will have to wait. ££££) will be refurbed soon.

Picked my bumpers and side skirts up this morning. Fitted the bumpers, skirts will get done soon.

Dusty, but the finish is amazing!

Front all fitted up.

Toe eye slot filled. Same for the number plate light.

Got some more pics, but on my phone as the battery died on my camera! Will upload later.

Roof lining wont be done before crimbo. New year job. Glass in then i think i can think about MOT time!!
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update time.

Got the roof lining nightmare 95% put to bed today! I bought a non sunroof mk2 lining thinking i could just cut a hole and job jobbed. No sodding way lol. Looked a bloody mess.

So i unpicked every single stitch and used it as a template to make my own. From scratch!! I then got mother to sew it all together. Some of you may know, not an easy task.

Finally got around to fitting it today..

IMO looks bloody ace! My dad helped me to fit it. Just need to sort the holes for the sun visors, sunroof handle and interior light. Then rubbers for the windows and door seals.

Gave all the plastics and clips a clean aswell as after the fire they were covered in a horrible black greasy slime.

Weather dependant i plan get it all sorted this weekend. Then wheels are next. DIY refurb FTW!

Did a little yesterday. I need to glue the metal tabs onto the glass for my opening rear windows. Being the obsessive person i am, i couldnt just stick them on. So....i bought some glass glue and got some Araldite and carried out a little test with 2 bits of metal and a scrap piece of glass. I will check them today to see which has stuck better!!

Few pics of the bits done on the inside..

Needs tidying up in a few places, but considering that my mum (although she did my seats!) my dad or myself are not upholsterers...not a bad job IMO!!

Windscreen in with no hassles. Phew!!
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So today i painted the dash surround black.

Fitted my steering wheel and boss too. Finishes it off a treat.

Fitted all my rear seats back in aswell. Also dug out my old parcel shelf. Stripped off the old grey carpet stuff and recovered in some left over material from my retrim.

Also fitted my mirror blanking plates. Im running Manta mirrors.

And finally got round to fitting my rear windows.

Fitting the hinges and whatnot wasnt as hard as i thought!!

So there we have it. Numberplates on order from eBay, alloys going to my mates for paint soon as i get them off and some wheels back on.

Light at the end of the tunnel!!

Picked the wheels up today. My mate will fit the tyres next weekend with any luck he will also MOT it once i have done a few checks.

Sane colour as the bumpers and skirts. Petrol cap is being done too.
Bprice91

1st Jun 13 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quality build mate i love the nova's where abouts in wiltshire are ya ? im from swindon and havent seen this about...
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

1st Jun 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've deffo read this project before,what a transformation.

Very good work mate,looks like a lot of times gone into this.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Pistol Pete

1st Jun 13 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eeeehaaaa.....wooohoooo..etc.

MOT today and she passed. Few issues lol on the way there found out along the dual carrigeway that i only had 4 gears and a seriously high idle!!! Nursed it there in 4th. At 55mph!!

Once at my mates, got it up on the ramp and adjusted the linkage. And sorted the tracking as that was way out.

All sorted. Nope...went to oull out of my mates gargae....in third. lol i now have 1st where reverse should be, no second and now i have 5th. More adjustment needed.

But on the whole, it runs sweet, and once the linkage is sorted let the fun begin.

Pics...

Start them young...

Had to use the sat nav as a speedo on the way there as i needed to calibrate my VX220 dials...

Ooooh clean!

Rich tasting the minty mintness. Exhaust had cooled down by this point!

BOOM.

Half an hour in the DVLA office this morning resulted in me walking away with 6 months tax! WIN.

Managed to find my missing gears too.

Finish work at lunchtime tomorrow (love fridays) so fingers crossed this good weather hangs around so i can put a few miles on!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa A rebuild thread... 24 database queries in 0.0275269 seconds