corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 SPORT - TOP SPEED?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 SPORT - TOP SPEED?
Greg_M

User status: Offline
18th Feb 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FLYING CORSA
quote:
Originally posted by Greg12v
yes, 120mph minus 10% = 108.

your actual speed woud have been 108-115max

[Edited on 18-02-2004 by Greg12v]

sorry mate i disagree there is no way that my speedo at 128mph was out by 20mph.....i can allow for a few mph but not 20mph .....not a feckin chance

it can be out by as much as 10% thatd be 12.8 mph not 20.

however its not 10% out sometimes it will be more accurate.
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how fast wud my 1.2 hav been goin? cuz that picks up from a hall effect sensor on the nsf wheel.
Greg_M

18th Feb 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your the vox technicial:lol

the police radar detectors ar inacurate to they are incorect by about 1% per 10degrees from the line of travel if i remember rightly.
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just fix them!!! on the nova it had a cable from the gearbox to dash so a fluctuation in play there you would expect over about 110mph due to obvious mechanical differences. but newer cars like mine that use either a single hall effect sensor, or 4 if have abs, then they are extremely accurate. a hall sensor can read a 5v-0v alternating currant so fast its unbelievable so on newer cars theyre very accurate.
a speed gun uses lasers obviouly but it sends a cycle of five very quick pulses from gun to object. after the five returns it calculates the average speed and then takes into account time from trigger to time of calculation of five returns.
Copper cars that use IRS-there is some truth to being 1% out but this only happens at fast speeds. so when a copper says' son i clocked you at 128mph , really u aint got a leg stand on. so to conclude(ahem pulitzer and nobel prizes on the way) older cars ie corsa b can be out but not a lot and newer cars extremely unlikely.
Greg_M

18th Feb 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, its mainly for the gatzos on the side of the road, that are inaccurate. i dunno, im just saying what ive read in mags book ect.

i would say that the newer cars with the adove mention system are more in acurate than the cable fed systems of the past!
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and speaking of gatsos lets burn em all
FLYING CORSA

18th Feb 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that answer does me just fine
Greg_M

18th Feb 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now now, they stop people from speeding. (cough cough)
FLYING CORSA

18th Feb 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabubble
and speaking of gatsos lets burn em all

here here
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop people from speeding? when they were introduced(and sorry for bein a boffin) and i qoute they were introduced(only to accident blackspots-bollox), and they are there to save lives. so tell me mister fucking government, where is the proof that speed cameras have saved lives. where is the evidence that proves that they have saved lives. answer-there aint any. the money is used so u can retire early and eat food all day you fat fuckin waste of space fookin wankers. oh lets have a policemans ball ata cost of £234,890. and lets use the main stretch of A50 in stoke to fund that ball. WANKERS!!!!!!!!!!!
FLYING CORSA

18th Feb 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway, so back to the original question that i asked ages ago
.....what is everyone else getting out of their 1.6's
****sorry greg12v this dont include you mate as you have just got a little one****

[Edited on 18-02-2004 by FLYING CORSA]
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is the belt---------------

and its way down here
M4tt

18th Feb 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.6 and got 120 outa it, but slowed down in fear of losing my licence

at the time it just a K&N Panel filter.

also nobody knows your speedo is 10% out, or mine so they can say what they like, it said 120 on the clock, so your doing something around that speed i suppose, it could be higher, nobody knows your car for sure thats my opinion n e way
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i just fix them!!! on the nova it had a cable from the gearbox to dash so a fluctuation in play there you would expect over about 110mph due to obvious mechanical differences. but newer cars like mine that use either a single hall effect sensor, or 4 if have abs, then they are extremely accurate. a hall sensor can read a 5v-0v alternating currant so fast its unbelievable so on newer cars theyre very accurate.
a speed gun uses lasers obviouly but it sends a cycle of five very quick pulses from gun to object. after the five returns it calculates the average speed and then takes into account time from trigger to time of calculation of five returns.
Copper cars that use IRS-there is some truth to being 1% out but this only happens at fast speeds. so when a copper says' son i clocked you at 128mph , really u aint got a leg stand on. so to conclude(ahem pulitzer and nobel prizes on the way) older cars ie corsa b can be out but not a lot and newer cars extremely unlikely.

M4tt

18th Feb 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh cool, didn't read that
bubble

18th Feb 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its 10% out at 130mph, it has to be 10% out at 70mph also. so if the other person thinks they are all 10% out that means at 70 your doin 77. lets figure??????????????
Cybermonkey

19th Feb 04 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Top book speed of Sport is 119mph. I just squeezed 134mph (Datron timed) and that's with 215bhp. A few extra mph requires a hell of lot more power

My sport got to around 118mph and stuck there. Didnt budge up at all. Andy, am i right in thinking that with a 6750rpm standard rev limit, 136 mph is the maximum attainable speed with the F15 gearbox? You have a 9k rev limit right? you still using the F15? it would mean you could get to around 160mph, theoretically Flyingcorsa, it is common knowledge that most corsas have notoriously inaccurate speedos. Even if your speedo was accurate, your 16XE engine would not have the power to pull to the redline in 5th gear, where an attainable speed of 130+ can be seen.

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by Cybermonkey24]
Mossy01772

19th Feb 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.4 sport, i few mates do as well and eveyone of us has had over 125 out of them, The first night I had it no mods at all I did 127 down the motorway.
Mossy01772

19th Feb 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but whilst i have had mine i have noticed if the exhaust starts blowing even a pin hole i am struggling doing 115,
Mossy01772

19th Feb 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also they do pull all the way to the red line in 5th not a problem not quite to the limiter though
FLYING CORSA

19th Feb 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Top book speed of Sport is 119mph. I just squeezed 134mph (Datron timed) and that's with 215bhp. A few extra mph requires a hell of lot more power

My sport got to around 118mph and stuck there. Didnt budge up at all. Andy, am i right in thinking that with a 6750rpm standard rev limit, 136 mph is the maximum attainable speed with the F15 gearbox? You have a 9k rev limit right? you still using the F15? it would mean you could get to around 160mph, theoretically Flyingcorsa, it is common knowledge that most corsas have notoriously inaccurate speedos. Even if your speedo was accurate, your 16XE engine would not have the power to pull to the redline in 5th gear, where an attainable speed of 130+ can be seen.

cybermonkey24 - like i said i was doing it down a dual carriageway, and i wasnt quite on the limit when i quickly glanced it was about 200-300 revs off the red line......jesus why do people still have to dispute the fact

Greg_M

19th Feb 04 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FLYING CORSA
anyway, so back to the original question that i asked ages ago
.....what is everyone else getting out of their 1.6's
****sorry greg12v this dont include you mate as you have just got a little one****

[Edited on 18-02-2004 by FLYING CORSA]

fook off

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by Greg12v]
Greg_M

19th Feb 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
stop people from speeding? when they were introduced(and sorry for bein a boffin) and i qoute they were introduced(only to accident blackspots-bollox), and they are there to save lives. so tell me mister fucking government, where is the proof that speed cameras have saved lives. where is the evidence that proves that they have saved lives. answer-there aint any. the money is used so u can retire early and eat food all day you fat fuckin waste of space fookin wankers. oh lets have a policemans ball ata cost of £234,890. and lets use the main stretch of A50 in stoke to fund that ball. WANKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

this is only if the police force in that area take part in the iniciative, if not, and in any case other than black sports, they can place cameras where ever they like. and use the funds to whatever purpode they see fit, so do some research before you start spouting rubbish
Andy

19th Feb 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:

F15 in Sport gives you a fraction below 20mph per 1000rpm. so for 6750 rev limit, you're looking at about 130mph indicated at rev limit. However, the power of the standard engine won't let you get anywhere near that speed in reality. For what it's worth, my speedo was well off the clock (ie over 140mph indicated) when I actually clocked 134mph at Brunters. I'm now using a Quaife close ratio box, so this top speed stuff is irrelevant for me as my top speed is now just 124.4 at 9000rpm. Mind you it gets there pretty damn quick

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by Andy]
Greg_M

19th Feb 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if its 10% out at 130mph, it has to be 10% out at 70mph also. so if the other person thinks they are all 10% out that means at 70 your doin 77. lets figure??????????????

no it doesnt have to be 10% at 70mph. it will be more acurate than 130mph but will still be inacurate. as to use standard deviation it will be 70mph +/- >10%

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll