corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Well, the car starts - help needed

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well, the car starts - help needed
eckers90

User status: Offline
29th May 13 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tel us the problem?
Generation

29th May 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was either the coil, or the extra earth I added, I think waste earth TBH. From alternator to fuel rail
eckers90

29th May 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to see its sorted mate (Y)
Generation

29th May 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too! Thanks for all your help too mate
Vauxdan88

29th May 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright for some! Lol glad you got it sorted mate! Just wish mine was that simple!
Generation

29th May 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple? I've had no car for 8 months mate.
Vauxdan88

29th May 13 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol u think that's bad. I haven't posted my build thread on here! I started off with buying a 1.4 astra with a decent xe in,pulled it all out and chucked it in the garage for a year. Bought Corsa,fitted new timing belt kit etc to engine and put it in Corsa. First turn of key sounded like a tank,long story short dropped a bolt in through a port and ruined the engine. Then bought a new head off eBay which never turned up. Bought another one,fitted it.had no compression,took it back off,no.1 piston collapsed. Rebuilt engine,1400 miles later,drops a valve guide, buy new engine from breakers,long story again but never got that and had to take them to court! Then bought another block and pistons,block turns out to be useless so have new liner put in old block. Now built up,ran for 15 miles and now won't run again! And that's with loads of other little bits here and there missed out,trust me mate,u think you've had it bad,you'd hate to have been me through all this! Apart from the 2 months/1400 miles I haven't had a car for a year!
Vauxdan88

29th May 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make that over 2 years really as I originally bought the xe around feb time in 2011. Just the time the engine was sat in the garage was just due to money problems
Generation

29th May 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought 1.4
Converted to 1.6 after around 2 weeks
No experience. Blew up 3 miles down road.

Bought another 1.6
Had a garage fit it this time, refused to start tried all sort immobilisers ecu's new looms 3 auto electricians. Turns out was alarm.
Fitted xe, didnt start for months burnt wires under plastc covering, then huge water leak couldnt find for weeks, the alternator belt cut theough loads of wiring, then starter terminals worked loose.. i couod go on.. had headgasket go after about 20 miles. Bought new head all uprated had headgasket go again.. Took to Phillip and block was cracked spent 2 k there... Had woodruff key snap.
Fit let 8 months ago and rest if history, please fill the gaps in.. Over 400 page thread elsewhere shows the amount of days gone into it haha

Don't total of around 1800 miles in last 3 years, despite spending thousands. That's not even half of the story

[Edited on 29-05-2013 by Generation]

[Edited on 29-05-2013 by Generation]
Vauxdan88

29th May 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol both got just as bad luck as each other by the sounds of it then! Just need to get mine sorted now! Cutting it fine for pvs now
Generation

29th May 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you make it mate. Any more ideas on your problem?
Vauxdan88

30th May 13 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So do I mate. No not yet,going to try compression test and plugging it in properly today instead of paper clip. Although I really hope there isn't any compression issues as the rings were fitted correctly and I know the block is good coz I had it machined/measured etc by a proper engine builders
Vauxdan88

30th May 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines alive! )
Generation

30th May 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was it?
Vauxdan88

30th May 13 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Injectors I reckon,maybe full of crap and under fuelling it. I ripped all the wiring out of the bay,swapped injectors and put it all back in. Started up straight away

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll