corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New Nokia Lumia 920

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Nokia Lumia 920
AndyKent

User status: Offline
2nd May 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dragging a slightly old thread up, but I bought a Lumia 820 last week and thought I'd share my thoughts for anyone interested.

Positives.....

WP8 OS - fantastically simple way of displaying stuff. So refreshing not to have a tray of icons and series of homescreen full of junk. No animated wallpapers. In fact no wallpaper at all. Just clean and simple - loving it.

Also really liking the fact that the phone isn't dying for my attention. Subtle notifications which are obvious when I look for them but don't have the phone whinging for me to look.

Weight - for a phone exactly the same screen size of my old Galaxy S2, its clearly a heavier phone when held side by side, but on its own you really don't notice it. Its also thicker but I've already forgotten the difference. Really nice to hold.

App selection - loads of reviews bang on about the lack of apps but so far, if I've searched for something I've found it. Online banking aside where first direct had a decent android app, but I can get on via their mobile site so no issue.

Nokia mix radio is quality too. So easy to get completely free offline playlists

Dedicated shutter button for the camera is proper handy.
Wireless charging is nice to be included although whether I spend £40+ on a wireless charger is another matter

Negatives......

Some of the most simple OS features are missing or completely hidden.

Things I can't (easily, or at all) do:
1. Change the order of internet favourites
2. Have two different volume settings (ie. one for media, one for notifications)
3. Calendar app is shocking. Want to add an appointment in month view? Nope.
4. No option to change away from Bing search

Bunch of other stuff I can't actually remember now off the top of my head.

Frustrating because I'm loving the OS, but theres some real fundamental stuff I can't believe a company like Microsoft just forgot to add.

Bizaree.
Munchie

8th May 13 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not install google chrome browser on it? Will always search through Google and not bing
deano87

8th May 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome is available as an app on Windows 8 so I'd have thought it will be available on Windows Phone.
AndyKent

8th May 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, no chrome.

Theres a google app to open the homepage and start browsing but it doesn't have an address bar so a bit half baked.
deano87

8th May 13 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll