corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Forza 3 - Time Trials

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Forza 3 - Time Trials
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Oct 09 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ojc, are you left foot braking through the 1st corner?
Ojc

30th Oct 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a controller? Yep
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to sound patronising here, but do you know what effects left foot braking have on a FWD car when you are in mid bend?

me and paul were discussing this last night, that if he posts a time that is good, then he is just going to be called a cheat.
Ojc

30th Oct 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i dont want to sound patronising here, but do you know what effects left foot braking have on a FWD car when you are in mid bend?

me and paul were discussing this last night, that if he posts a time that is good, then he is just going to be called a cheat.

Nobody has called Paul a cheat I'm amazed at the time, it's pretty incredible and I cannot see anyone matching it.
Adam_B

30th Oct 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to get down with the manual gear action.
FruitBooTeR

30th Oct 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

Care to explain more...

When you say left foot brake how are you going about this on the xbox? With the wheel and pedals? If so then its just like taking your finger off the acc trigger and pressing brake on controler...which is what I do anyway..
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no your wrong, its nothing like taking your foot off a pedal, left foot braking is done when the accelerator is still pressed down.

i will explain the theory behind it.

1. when you go into a corner too fast in a FWD car the front (driving) wheels start to loose grip (understeer)

2. the majority of cars will have a braking bias which is set more to the front maybe something like 60:40 F:R

3. when you feel the understeer starting to occur you apply pressure on the brake while still having the accelerator pressed.

4. reason, as the braking bias is set more to the front the pressure you are applying gets channeled to the front first, and by doing this the front wheels are slowed down allowing them to regain grip in the corner.

i explained this to paul, and he used his own noggin to apply it to the game, he was doing 29's then went to 28's after he added left foot braking into the run.

there are other examples of left foot braking, take trail braking for example, this is also done by using your left foor but under slightly different circumstances.

Ojc

30th Oct 09 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm smooth on Forza, super smooth and I know I'm capable but I cannot see where the hell 2 seconds can be made up, I've been trying on manual, I've tried with all assists other than ABS off.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I tried it last night, I did manage a 2.10 and that was pushing it, I think Paul must be cheating IMO.

does this not insinuate that paul is cheating? or did i just read it wrong.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm smooth on Forza, super smooth and I know I'm capable but I cannot see where the hell 2 seconds can be made up, I've been trying on manual, I've tried with all assists other than ABS off.

download and follow pauls ghost, that will be the best way to show you where you are loosing and possibly gaining time.
Paul_J

30th Oct 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol what did I say last night chris!!

I told you they'd say I was cheating

Trust me, it was just lap after lap after lap... Can you not just go and watch my replay???

cole you'll see I have no mods on my car in a replay! ojc you'll see the lines I'm taking and the speed i'm carrying!

If you come to crowthorne I can show you myself. That was 3 hours of me doing lap after lap, probably did near to 100 laps... on the ones where I'd slid off slightly, I used those laps to learn where i can go quicker.

I went from exiting the 1st corner (lowest speed reached during whole 1st corner) at about 85 ish mph, to 91 mph and on the quick laps exiting at about 94-95!!

That makes a huge difference, as you're then carrying so much more speed down the next straight towards maggots!

Then in maggots, I went from braking hard for the first right hander, entering at about 80, to leaving it in 3rd flat over the top at about 90 mph! to towards the end leaving it in 4th and managing to take it at about 100+ mph using a bit of throttle control (the difficulty then, is getting the car lined up for the next left hander)... so you then dab brake turn in at about 90 ish... into 3rd, brake hard again and sweep into the right hander at about 65-70... exiting at about 75 mph.

then long straight... get on the black bit, brake, turn in, downshift to 3rd (down to about 75-80 mph) into 4th... next straight, past the white marker on the right, brake, down to 2nd sweep through, turn in and straight into 3rd!! (stops it just spinning up).

flat out, past cones, wait for black tyre marks to dive to the left and then brake into 2nd, hit apex, over the top into 3rd, sweep right, drop it into 4th, under the bridge and sweep right (exit at 93 mph).

over to the right, brake, into 3rd, turn in... sweep through doing 72-73 - exiting at 77 mph.

Brake hard into 2nd, turn in... hard acceleration on exit, knock it into 3rd just before right hander... hug apex, gently... 55 mph... then when you can see the rumble strips for exit accelerate in 3rd and exit at about 65-70 mph.

lap complete.
Ojc

30th Oct 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, I can apply brake and keep the throttle open to keep things smooth but I'm not sure how it makes you 2 seconds faster?

Actually, yes I can. I do exactly what you just described on R1 cars on Nurburgring, I just don't know where to gain time on Silverstone, I really need to go at this properly at some point. I'm getting frustrated to easily.
Ojc

30th Oct 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody has said you have cheated Paul FFS
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ollie, you did say in your opinion paul must be cheating, whether you said it sarcastically or not i dont know, internet is shit for getting sarcasm across
Paul_J

30th Oct 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris you told them the secret I thought we agreed not to tell them about the braking while accelerating?

basically, 1st corner is cruical... unless you're exiting it at about 92 mph + you're lap will be shit.

the problem is, you brake and turn in... either the car understeers out, or oversteers (usually followed by tyre flex and understeer)... do not lift the throttle as it'll cause the tyre flex and understeer.

You have to brake, off brakes, apply (slight throttle) turn in, and pray it'll just hold the line to the exit.

As I say, sometimes I ran wide, sometimes i scrubbed off all my speed... sometimes I nailed it just right! exit speeds ranged from 85-95! 92 + is required for a geniuenly good lap.

The difference is, while going through this bend if you feel the car is understeering slightly, you can slightly apply the brake (while still on the throttle) and it stops it pushing out wide... don't apply too much brake though or the car will exit the corner too slow.

I literally was stuck around 2 : 09 : 9 for ages, constantly moaning to chris on msn about it... and then he suggested trying that and i suddenly got a 2 : 09 : 02!! then after 15 more laps got the 2 : 08 : 06!
Paul_J

30th Oct 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Nobody has said you have cheated Paul FFS

Cole said i've got mods

OJC come round mine tonight and i'll show you how to do it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry paul...

ojc, remember slow in fast out and smoothness..

apparently forza 3 rewards you for doing that.
FruitBooTeR

30th Oct 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will give that method a blast later and hopefully knock paul off the top I dont care if it takes me all day
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh, healthy competition.
Paul_J

30th Oct 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, a quicker time than the 2: 08 is definately possible.

I was saying to chris last night, 2: 07s are entirely feasible...

Each lap i'd do some bits faster, but some bits slower...

if you put all the best bits together you'd have an immense lap!
Adam_B

30th Oct 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sat there for an hour and a half doing that? Fuck that, especially on such a boring track I get bored after 15 mins!
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
You sat there for an hour and a half doing that? Fuck that, especially on such a boring track I get bored after 15 mins!

i quite like silverstone

you should try get on LFS again, but buy a wheel lol
Paul_J

30th Oct 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

close to 3 hours Adam

Yeah, fucking such a boring track... I hate silverstone gp. At least I know it quite well now. I used to be crap at it in forza 2.

It's one of those annoying tracks where the car will need to slide off, but you have to be absolutely perfect to carry enough speed.
Jambo

30th Oct 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I brake while accelerating in my Abarth 500 as thats the only was i can get it fast through certain corners
Adam_B

30th Oct 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you had a crack at the time trial on northloop? Elise 111s on iberion (sp) international i think.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
close to 3 hours Adam

[Edited on 30-10-2009 by Adam_B]

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll