corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 16 valve intake

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 16 valve intake
col444

User status: Offline
7th Sep 03 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont want to use a pvd type alloy airbox, i,d like the rubber hose type like i,ve seen on some of the cars on this site. What does it come off and what adapter is used, thanks very much in advance
1.6 Sport BadBoy

7th Sep 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, ive also wondered about this too, does it all depend on wot engine size you have to their availability?
broster
Premium Member

8th Sep 03 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what part is this u mean?
col444

8th Sep 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the pipe that goes from the throtle body to the air flow meter, i presume some form of mounting plate is needed to connect it to the 4 bolts on the throttle body, thanks for the help
Nobby

9th Sep 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok for a start I presume your talking about the 2.0 16v XE 'Red Top' engine yeah?

If thats the case then the reason you see some corsas with a rubber hose is because the original SFi box that these engines came with cant stay on the engine when fitted to a corsa cos the bonnet wont shut.

The Mtech Powercap that PVD sell can be used to replace the SFi box and it also offers a small power gain. Courtenay Sport sell the original version of the Powercap made by Mantzel.

"The Power Cap for 2.0 16v XE engines as used in Astra, Cavalier and Calibra. The Power Cap is an alloy casting which directly replaces the SFi box and simplifies the route taken by the intake charge. The Power Cap will also smooth out the 2.0 16v low speed light throttle 'shunting' commonly associated with the engine. The conversion gives a power increase of between 6 and 10 bhp depending upon the engine's original spec. Courtenay Sport have improved the original Mantzel design by adding a full fitting kit including idle control silicone hose all bolts, hose clips, gasket and idler control hose joiner."

The Power Cap is a must for those carrying out a Nova/Corsa 2.0 16v transplant. Fitting the Power Cap will save you having to modify the SFi box or the bulkhead (as the SFi box is deeper and fouls the bulkhead), whilst giving a power increase.

"The Courtenay-Mantzel Power Cap for 2.0 16v XE engines is available for £119.50 including VAT and the fitting kit."

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk
Nobby

9th Sep 03 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

However if your talking about the 1.4/1.6 16v then i've just wasted ages writing all that!
ajscorsa

9th Sep 03 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll