corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » earthing the amp and sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author earthing the amp and sub
langey

User status: Offline
1st Nov 03 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, from the battry - side, there is a wire that goes from that to a bolt fastend to the bulk head.

is that the earth? and how would i earth the amp?? and will the sub need earthing or not?
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 03 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eath the amp to any part of the body work, just make sure u clean all the paint off, no need to run wires to the -ve battery terminal! sub wont need eathin, just wire it to the amp + an - terminal!
langey

1st Nov 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i'll have a wire running from the amp, and it can just be bolted to the inside of the boot? but make sure is cleaned contact with the metal.
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 03 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats it mate
langey

1st Nov 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right cheers for that matey,

one last thing tho, is there no bolts anywere i can put it to or will i have to drill a hole?
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 03 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could do it to the seatbelt one i supose, but drill a hole and use a self tapper ,easy as pie!
langey

1st Nov 03 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, thanx matey
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 03 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries

New Poll