corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Inlet manifold (c12nz. 1.2 8v)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inlet manifold (c12nz. 1.2 8v)
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
28th Nov 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at a corsa in a scrappy, it was a 1.2 5dr gls, L-reg. and the plastic part that bolts onto the inlet manifold (the thing where the butterfly is, to mix air fuel) is half the size of mine, (on a 1.2 8v c12nz 1997 R-reg breeze)
the plastic thing on mine goes over the rocker cover a wee bit, and the pipe from the airbox goes into a T-piece and the 2 branches go into the box, whereas the l-reg gls theres only 1 pipe from the airbox.

what im wondering is, what difference do the diff design of the above make, and which will give more power or torque?

sorry for the really bad explanation. I would put pics up, but cant find any
moddedcorsa

29th Nov 03 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any 1 got pics of 1.2 engines? so i can point out the difference?
MattyB

29th Nov 03 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good enough explanation for me mate

The post 97 1.2 8v's had a larger inlet manifold housing in an attempt to reduce noise + emissions, and improve economy. It kinda acts like an EFi box on a 2.0 16v engine, which helps store ari before it passes into the manifold.

I believe it also has another rocker breather pipe attatched to it, and like u say, the inlet pipe splits in to 2 (the housing towards the front of the engine is more of an "air storage" housing.

There is no difference in the 2 set ups in terms of performance, and between my old L reg 1.2 8v and my mates 98 1.2 8v, i could hardly notice a difference in sound etc. Possibly a smoother drive tho.

Not worth the hassle of changing it mate, might also mess up ECU sensors/set up etc

Matt
moddedcorsa

29th Nov 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right, thanks alot. The explanation was soo bad as i didnt know what the parts were called.
So u reckon that the newer box gives a slightly smoother drive?
MattyB

29th Nov 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe that this was one of Vauxhall's aims when the c12nz was redeveloped, but the difference is so little. ie: not worth spendin the cash to replace inlet manifold housing + rocker cover + breather hoses etc

Matt
J100RSA

29th Nov 03 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a resinator box to quiten induction noise for ec laws

New Poll