corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » no bass box in my boot cos of my stereo!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author no bass box in my boot cos of my stereo!
of_corsa_sxi

User status: Offline
   28th Dec 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a bore exhaust put on my corsa c, i fancied a nice bass box in my boot cos the standard speakers are s***e! i went to halfords who were very happy to sell me a bass system for my boot at £200, i went away and though about it and phoned a guy i know who fits them. he told me i would need to check my stereo has phono sockets on the back so i looked in the manual and it didnt say anything so i phoned vauxhall as my stereo is the cdr 2005 cd/radio that came with the 2003 corsa sxi. they said no it doesnt have them!!!! i fuming! what am i meant to do now! any help please!
Dom

28th Dec 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, what ya do is get a new headunit, then get a face plate and wack that in. The go and get some propper gear, IE: not from hellfords, and install that in ya boot. Put in some comps up from and bobs ya uncle you have a system

or, buy a converter thingy that converts high speaker cable signals to low level phono (preout) connectors

However, dont by the bass box thingy from halfords, it will be one of those vibe jobbies and it will be shite for the same price you can get a rockford jobby from caraudiodirect.com (and others) and it will sound loads better
Kris TD

28th Dec 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or you wire it up to the rear speaker channels it will still work fine, this is how my dad has wired his sub and amp up in his a4 as the standard headunit doesnt have phono sockets.
of_corsa_sxi

28th Dec 03 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one thanks for the info, the only thingy is, is that i will lose my seperate screen, u knnow with the date, temprature and all that shite on it, and my dash wont all match with the same colour and my remote control on my steering wheel will be knackered though!
Richie

28th Dec 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate.

You can cut a wire so the date stays with the clock and the temperature.

Your dash will match as long as you go to vaux and get the correct facia.

If you buy a Kenwood/Pioneer/Sony unit, you can get an adaptor so you can still keep your steering controls.
of_corsa_sxi

28th Dec 03 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh wicked, i didnt know that, thanks for the info. il speak to vaux, see what the say.
Trucido

28th Dec 03 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that system you bought from halfords is it big silver tube?
AdiSRI

28th Dec 03 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine hu works with the steering controls too, painz has one.
Trucido

28th Dec 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and some of hte more expensive JVC ones

New Poll