corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spraying rear spoiler

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spraying rear spoiler
AndyCorsa

User status: Offline
   17th Apr 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this has been asked time and time again regarding spraying but I need to ask again to make sure
I'm buying jrsteeves spoiler but I need to respray it as it is not the same shade of black as my car. It's is already sprayed (obviously), so what would I need to do? Do I have to sand it all down then prime, spray and lacquer? And what grade paper should I be using?
Mav 3000

17th Apr 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd sand it so the primer keys to it, then primer, paint then lacquer. Lots of coats, lots of drying.

Unless you use a compressor and the same paint you won't get a perfect colour match from cans no matter what you do - but it should look okay being black.
AndyCorsa

17th Apr 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What grade paper should I be using?
Mav 3000

17th Apr 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

600 for harsh, 800 maybe, 1200 for the finish. then use filler primer to get a smooth result. Use it wet 1200 for ultra smoothness

New Poll