corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » argggghh need help fast removing ball joint n wheel hub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author argggghh need help fast removing ball joint n wheel hub
jamied

User status: Offline
28th Jun 04 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey, me n mates cant get the whole front hub, like the brake disc/caliper basically all of it, we av undone all the obvious bolts, just cant get the ball joint 1s off tht goto the engine, please help!!!!
mike_1.2LS96

28th Jun 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you mean lower suspension arm balljoint. You need to take three bolts out in total - two on arm and one in hub. Use a fork shaped balljoint splitter and big hammer. You can get this splitter from machine mart, for about £9. The halfrods ones aren't much good but might work - although about £20. You shove the fork in under the hub and whack it to seperate them.

They tend to seize up, so its hard work.
sfxer

28th Jun 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use a big metal pole,
put it inbetween the lower arm and hub and use the extra leverage to split the bj, they are pretty tough but should come apart fairly easily.
Gambit

28th Jun 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you need to remove the hub nut then you'll need a very long breaker bar - then stick a scaffolding pole (or similar) on the end of that and stand on it - you need as big a leverage force as possible

hub nuts are tight as fuk

what is it your trying to do anyhow?

[Edited on 28-06-2004 by Gambit]

New Poll