corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake fluid

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake fluid
rokmarko

User status: Offline
29th Oct 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much brake fluid i have to buy, for replacing the old one
CorsaB 1.4 i

Thanks
ed

29th Oct 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 bottle Though when bleeding the brakes you don't need to replace all the fluid - only bleed until there are no more air bubbles...
Visionz

29th Oct 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm........ i think your missing one of the points of bleeding brakes.

You can bleed the brakes as you have described to get air outa the system and improve the feel and response of the pedal.

You can also bleed the brakes to put fresh fluid in, this is done as hydraulic fluid can become contaminated, dirty and lose its effectiveness. So what you do is just bleed it as per usual, but instead of stopping when the air bubbles do, stop it when clean brake fluid starts to come through. Which shouldnt take any more than 2 bottles.

Its recommmended that brake fluid is changed like every 2 yrs or sommat by most manufacturers.
rokmarko

30th Oct 04 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, i have to replace my brake fluid because theri is same fluid in for allmost 5 years. So I'll need less than 2 liters.

Thanks, I'm goig into shop right now.

New Poll