corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Install idea

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Install idea
andy hirst

User status: Offline
29th Oct 04 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be getting a good job soon so cash will be available in the near future for my install. Dont wanna go mad just want something that is clear and has a good kick to it. This is what i am thinking of:

Amp x2
Rockford P-3002 (2x 75w rms @ 4ohms, 1x 300w rms @ 4ohms)

£205 each = £410

Sub
Alpine SWR-1221D 12" (300w rms)

£105

Comps
PG Octane R6.5 (70w rms)

£85

Total= £600 + Box, Cables and Damping

The sub will be in a sealed box, and i have a good idea how im going to design the install. Wont buy everyting at once, was thinking of:

1. cables and damping
2. 1x amp, sub and boot build
3. 1x amp, comps

Any comments and alternatives would be appreciated.

Andy

[Edited on 29-10-2004 by andy hirst]
Richie

29th Oct 04 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice kit, but id go for higher power components.
andy hirst

29th Oct 04 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was thinking that too, someone off here recommended them, any ideas around the same price?
andy hirst

29th Oct 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok found the pg ocatane R6.5 comps which run at 70w rms bit closer to the amp specs and 15 quid cheaper. How does that sound now.
AdiSRI

29th Oct 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id spend more on the comps and get focals, there the most important bit of your install dont skimp on them!!
andy hirst

29th Oct 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
id spend more on the comps and get focals, there the most important bit of your install dont skimp on them!!

I would love them but, i think they may push my budget too far, the 165V2 are 220 quid, i dont think i wanna go over 150.
andy hirst

29th Oct 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows about these Genesis Profile 16 comps, they are £150

http://www.genesiscaraudio.net/profile/speakers.htm
AdiSRI

29th Oct 04 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there good, or settle for focal access there aroud £150 and still good.
AdiSRI

29th Oct 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-way separate
Woofer: 165mm.
Voice Coil: 25mm.
Magnet: 72mm.
Tweeter: Tioxyd TN 47.
Crossover: 2-way 12dB/octave (with adjustable tweeter level).
Max. power handling: 120W.
Nom. power handling .: 60W.
Sensitivity: (2,83 V/1m) : 92dB.
Frequency response: 60Hz-20KHz.
Grilles supplied.
Dom

29th Oct 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally the PGs are bloody good for that price - i ordered some for my corsa, but they were too big (magnet was massive) to fit through the hole + plus they were too deep. But when i heard them in a local shop they were excellent on a JL amp, pushing them to about 100wRMS-ish

Focals are good, but i personally dont rate their lower end stuff (in the 100-150 price range stuff).

eitherway, you seem to have a nice list of stuff - but i would use different amps, or some other rocky amps that pushed out abit more. The PGs will handle 100wRMS no probs (didnt sound stressed when on the JL amp) so i would look at that as a guide for an amp for the comps.
And the subs can handle abit more than 300wRMS - i wouldnt settle for anything less than 350wRMS.

Remeber, you should always have an abit more RMS juice and turn the gains down a tad to stops distortion when playing the system loud etc
andy hirst

29th Oct 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the advice, what amps do you recomend in the same price range as the rockfords.
Dom

29th Oct 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy hirst
thanks for the advice, what amps do you recomend in the same price range as the rockfords.

well tbh mate, i would get a monoblock for your sub, as it would supply a cleaner feed and provide the juice alot better.
For the comps, well your gonna struggle for some as good, but more power for that money. Although a PG 4.02 is alright (bottom range PG amps are good, but there like alpine/pioneer/kenny stuff at that price. But you can pick up their 125wRMS amp for 170

but personally i would look at the next rocky amp up for your comps, but obviously your gonna have to spend another 100 quid or so

As for the monoblock, your probably gonna have to spend about 250-350 for a decent monoblock amp that pushes out 350-400wRMS
andy hirst

30th Oct 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That blows my budget totally, do you think it would be ok with the spec as is, im not gonna be playing it toooooo loud, i just want good sq and the ability to loud every so often.
Dom

30th Oct 04 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be fine as is mate but obviously try and stay away from stressing the amps, as distortion will creep in and thats the point where the coils in the speakers start to burn out.
Obviously if you get any extra cash mate, sell those amps and get others...its the only thing i can see that lacks abit.

one another tip mate, dont go crazy on your HU's EQ....keep it flat if pos, otherwise it causes distortion if your adding EQ'd bass/treble etc
andy hirst

30th Oct 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, prob gonna start looking in january, see if anywhere has a sale on.
Richie

1st Nov 04 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And cos ur spending quite a bit of dosh, PLEASE run everything in, i know its tempting to turn it up full whack, but its worth it to leave it run low for a while.
andy hirst

1st Nov 04 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
And cos ur spending quite a bit of dosh, PLEASE run everything in, i know its tempting to turn it up full whack, but its worth it to leave it run low for a while.

i know of this already, did it with the system i had in my old corsa.
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

#Those cheap access comps will still beat off most things at that price bracket,it still uses their inverted dome tioxoid tweeter same as in the polyglass kits, its only a cheaper crossover and mid made with cheaper components...

New Poll